OCR02411 - Shenmue "Amorelle"

djpretzel

you nailed that nujabes/nitsua/fatjon/etc. sound perfectly man.

i saw "nujabes" in the write up and i automatically knew that it was going to be good.

has a somber yet calming and satisfactory feel to it, kind of reminds me of that feeling of realization after a funeral or something else along the lines of heartbreak and acceptance.

then again, you've always made some highly ambient and emotional music in general.

peace

Man. My heart always skips a beat whenever I see that a new Radiowar track is out. :) This time was no exception! Wonderful stuff, Alex. I'm not familiar with Shenmue or its soundtrack, but this is really pleasant as its own stand-alone thing. As mentioned by someone else, you really nailed the nujabes feel, and that's always welcome.

Immediately added to my playlist. Looking forward to more! :)

Here is the perfect example of why I appreciate OCR. I probably wouldn't have thought about Shenmue in 20 more years if I didn't look up here to see this remix.

It is sad in some ways how games of the past that held our imagination would be forgotten.

But for now, at least, I can remember why I loved this game so much while I replay this remix over and over again.

Thanks Radiowar.

Superlative. Not got much to say about it that hasn't already been said but every single instrument and sound in this mix adds its own bit of emotion to the overall piece, you can feel that sense of sorrow and melancholy coming through even in smaller instrumental parts like the bassline.

Beautiful work dude, glad I could help it along to completion :-)

• 1 year later...

Damn, this is smooth as all hell! I can really chill out to the beat of this one. The rhodes, and the flute are absolutely beautiful sounding. The source may be called "Cherry Blossom Wind Dance", but that's exactly what I picture when I listen to this with my eyes closed. Damn good stuff, Radiowar.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

While most of RW mixes tend to be downbeat, with some tense, this mix is something else. Being trip-hoppish as most of his works, it's more relaxing, which was achieved by adding soft piano and rhodes. The drums are awesome too, but dat bass just leaves me speachless, it's fucking great. The middle section has feeling of coolnees, which makes the arrangement more varied. Very good work, Alex.

Edited by Black_Doom

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02411 - Shenmue "Amorelle"