OCR00575 - Final Fantasy IX "Jamming Loneliness"

orkybash

Final Fantasy IX 'Jamming Loneliness'

The title says it all: it's a remix of You're Not Alone, and it's jamming, I did a remix of this a few months ago (which is still waiting to get on the site as I write this), but sheesh... I think NoppZ beat the shit out of mine. The first part is expertly structured - an organ jams to the Not Alone chord progression, while occasionally pizzicato strings chime in with bits and pieces of the melody. My only complaint here is that the strings are kinda soft. Things then get improvised for a while, until an instrument I really can't identify comes in and plays the Not Alone theme straight out. Overall, not much to criticize here. Recommended.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Another great song by Noppz. This was my favorite song by far in FF9, and I really love the additions and modifications made to it here. The song was given a jazzy mellow feel that let's you just chill to. Definitely not a upbeat hyper mix. For what this song was trying to accomplish it does absolutely great. Keep em comin!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
So few rewiews for such a good mix? 8O

Maybe it doesn't fit the standards anymore these days, but i still like it.

I concur, I mean, this is NOPPZ! He deserves some real good attention.

this may be just an another Your Not Alone remix, but Noppz makes a jazzy tune out of it to make it stick out of the crowd and show how loneliness might be. It´s calm, funky, got some touches of blues, and at the end it gets real good, picks up some more rhytm and just ends smoooth.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Even though i'm not intimately familiar with this game, I have a found a great fondness for 'You are not alone' (this track) ever since I started looking around on OCR. I do like this mix a lot and feel that it is a good relaxing/chillin song. It is a different representation than a lot of the others, but in this context that is a good thing. I have to say that if I had one complaint about it. It was that the synth playing the main melody just played around with it, playing bits and snippets. That kinda bugged me because i kept waiting for the main melody to rip through the rest of the song and start dominating, but it kinda just messed around with it. Kinda irked me, but not enough to throw the song.

Can't believe i just said irked.

Edit:melody comes in at 3:26 on a smooth sounding synth and I couldn't be happier about it.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I've always enjoyed this piece, but I have a few complaints with it. The transition at 1:54 is very awkward. Also, I feel like when there is soloing going on, the source stays away for too long, in sections. I would hav eliked a little more inferences. That being said, the 'teasing' of the melody through the first two minutes was very creative, and I enjoyed that part a lot. When the meldoy does finally come in as a whole it is nicely arranged as well.

The track is very smooth, nice to relax too. Nice work.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00575 - Final Fantasy IX "Jamming Loneliness"