The OCR Label

Chiwalker

Actually some of the most popular video game cover bands are not licensed, so the legal angle, while definitely important, certainly hasn't prevented Armcannon, the Megas, the Oneups, etc. from performing. In fact I know of several specific bands endorsed directly by the game companies whose songs they play, without technically being legal/licensed.

But have we considered some kind of label, either for commercial VG arrangements, live performances, and/or original music...? Maybe :<

I believe they mean online publishing or perhaps actual CD publishing, as stated remixing isn't exactly original material, without the original source publisher/creators permission lawsuits could and most likely would occur, however if OCR were to make a label to sell original content such as protodomes Bluenoise album or zircons Antigravity album, that would be great and i would endorse that idea, of course now with the internet we have no need for publishers or record labels so even that idea is flawed, why 'fix' what isn't broke?

Actually some of the most popular video game cover bands are not licensed, so the legal angle, while definitely important, certainly hasn't prevented Armcannon, the Megas, the Oneups, etc. from performing. In fact I know of several specific bands endorsed directly by the game companies whose songs they play, without technically being legal/licensed.

But have we considered some kind of label, either for commercial VG arrangements, live performances, and/or original music...? Maybe :<

I believe The Megas actually did the music for one of the (now cancelled) Mega Man Universe trailers.

I wouldn't oppose an OCR label, but I think it would have to play safe with only original music.