(A1 Fools, 2012!) OCR is now VocalClocked ReMix - VOCALS REQUIRED, Mashups Allowed!

Level 99

Vocalclocked%20Remix%20NoLens.jpg

OverClocked ReMix Officially Changes to VocalClocked ReMix

April 1st, 2012

FAIRFAX, VA--OverClocked ReMix announced this morning that, due to tremendous outside pressure and incentives from the music industry, it is officially changing names and formats. As of this morning, OverClocked ReMix is now known as "VocalClocked ReMix," a site dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of vocal video game arrangements and mashups.

Community Manager Larry Oji explained that "As it turns out, VGM is just a bunch of bleeps and bloops - true emotionality, soul, and expression all require the addition of the human voice."

As a result of this change, the site's policy on acceptable material has been radically altered. All tracks hosted on the site are required to have vocals. Naturally, this means revisiting the massive back catalog of tracks to either remove or alter the songs to conform with the new policy. It will take some time to go through all of them, but the staff is already hard at work getting underway and working with some outside help to make it happen in a tasteful and appropriate manner. The first track to get such treatment is the beloved Dale North song "Merry Little Christmas", from Christmas NiGHTS into Dreams. The song, while beautiful, had a distinct lack of vocals. Using VCR's extensive rolodex of contacts, some fine characters from the Homestar Runner universe have offered to bring the song up to the new standards.

While that is happening, the site will continue to be accepting video game arrangements in the normal manner as long as they meet the new standards. To commemorate this, we're posting two new VCReMixes to showcase what people can expect from the new direction of the site. The first is from established ReMixer Level 99, who sings a beautiful and introspective ballad about Streets of Rage 2 over an arrangement from the game's ending.

The second is from Russia's answer to the supergroup The Scuba Divers: Block Party. Getting off to a fantastic start, their song "...Tetris Play You" tells the true stories of those little blocks that people so carelessly fail to realize have feelings.

Finally, in order to make it easier for people who can't sing for crap, VCR will now be accepting mashups of video game music and other popular songs. Today, VCR is releasing six of them to highlight the newfound versatility of this policy, facilitated by the collaboration with musicians in the professional non-VGM music industry:

VCR's staff is positive that these changes will be well-received by fans, who have been clamoring for more vocal material and the including of copyrighted materials on the site since it first came into existence.

About VocalClocked ReMix

Founded in 1999 as OverClocked ReMix, VocalClocked ReMix is an organization dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of vocal video game arrangements and mashups. Its primary focus is a website featuring millions of free fan arrangements of questionable quality, information on composers and video game celebrities supplemented by juicy gossip, resources for aspiring "artists", and a thriving community of video game music fans.

I can't believe you guys didn't do this sooner. I always thought pieces like PSI Piano Omega and pretty much anything Klutz ever did severely lacked the spoken word. I would be more than willing to help out with this movement. I have access to quite a few voice actors, including Mercedes Rose who voices Daisy in the Mario games, and what I'm envisioning is that we just take all the old tracks and overlay them with these voice actors reading selections of Shakespeare's sonnets. As well as some of my own poetic work, which is arguably more accesible and better written than the sonnets, despite my young age.

We will take this shit viral and we will completely redefine the video game remix community, something that Overclocked remix is famous for but really hasn't been making much headlines in lately. This is that boost the community needs. Absolutely.