UPDATE: ThaSauce Presented by OverClocked ReMix + a new album!

Fusion2004

vgmix4.png

After an unfortunate turn of events we regret to announce that ThaSauce has ended our relationship with OverClocked ReMix indefinitely, active immediately. This is a really sad day for all of us, but after months of discussion and preparation, we have to call it off. Negotiations broke down soon after our announcement after we reached unresolved circumstances between ourselves and the OverClocked ReMix staff, particlarly Stevo “Level99″ Bortz.

Things aren’t all bad, though. As we realized we were reaching an impasse we began exploring our other partnership options. With that said, we are now proud to announced new relationship between ThaSauce and Jake “vert” Kaufman and his VGMix team. Jake has been very understanding of the circumstances between us and OCReMix, and as a result we have decided to join forces to make the best online community that video game arrangements have ever seen!

As a celebration of our new, hopefully long-lasting, partnership we are proud to announce the launch of VGMix Archive. VGMix Archive is a large, searchable index of every VGMix 1, 2, and X song we could pull together. Preview and download your favorite tracks, or download the whole collection via BitTorrent! We hope to keep VGMix Archive a constantly updating archive, so anyone who has any tracks that we might be missing, feel free to let us know!

We apologize for all the preceding drama, but we are dedicated to moving forward and making the internet a better place one video game remix at a time, no matter how many beards try to stand in our way!

----------------------------------------------------------------

thasauce-ocr-banner.png

ThaSauce is proud to announce a new partnership with OverClocked ReMix. As an official subsidiarity of Overclocked Remix ThaSauce will now be covering exclusive OCReMix news as well as adopting OverClocked ReMix level-standards across all of ReMix:ThaSauce. Soon you’ll notice many R:TS songs being removed as part of our first lockdown efforts to meet the overall quality of our sister site. An estimated 275 songs are current up for review with more possible in the future.

To celebrate our new union we’re proud to present you with the FIRST Official OverClocked/ThaSauce Arrangement Project from one of the most popular games on the internet today: ReMixville! A Cityville/Farmville Arrangement Album.

It's just the nature of business, Protricity!

There was one employee who didn't agree with the merger, and they left as a result. This one ThaSauce Network employee who turned down joining OCReMix was the weakest one on the whole team. Selfish people make bad news. Good riddance!

What’s so interesting about success is the number of failures who try to ride on your back. Tom Marvin is just one of many...

No "Hurricane Katrina" still makes me sad - that was GENIUS back in the VGMix days. ._. But let the nostalgia commence anyway!

http://olremix.org/remixes/537

VGMix Archive is a large, searchable index of every VGMix 1, 2, and X song we could pull together.

Except for everything I submitted it appears. Figures.

Also MOAR SEEDERS FOR THE TORRENT I'm runnin' at like ~200kb/s right now.

Did you get Jake's permission for the archive? In the past he's said he didn't necessarily want people rolling their own archives. If you didn't at least ask, it seems a little exploitative to me...

i think they talked to him at magfest about it.

plus the bottom does say © ThaSauce Network, LLC & virt 2012 so it's obvious he's involved in some way :tomatoface:

i think they talked to him at magfest about it.

plus the bottom does say © ThaSauce Network, LLC & virt 2012 so it's obvious he's involved in some way :tomatoface:

It's missing a lot and I thought virt had VGMix 2 backed up? Kind of strange to let someone make a "here's what we could find' archive if that's the case

Still very nice, recovered a few things I wasn't able to find in the other archive

Did you get Jake's permission for the archive? In the past he's said he didn't necessarily want people rolling their own archives. If you didn't at least ask, it seems a little exploitative to me...

Didn't he said that 6-7 years ago though? And why do you have to be a party pooper?