OCR & DT Present: Rosenkreuzstilette Re-Vamped! - FINAL DEADLINE COMING 12/15

Level 99

• 1 month later...

I actually did a little more work to mine earlier this week to help round out the weaker latter section. I added some chords in some places and now it sounds a little thicker and stronger. I will continue to tweak it and see what other improvements I can make.

I have not yet been able to get a synth bell in to double the lead, it might not be worth the trouble. I know DT wanted one in there, but it's just not working out and doesn't really work for the composition IMO anyway. Also, my studio headphones are broken and I can't do any hardcore work until I get them fixed.

I'll send you the newest version I have later, Stevo.

I did send you feedback via PM! You telling me you never got it? Let me check my outbox, I swear I did it months ago.

Nah, the last PM I got from you regarding this project was at the very end of July, and you just told me you were gonna check the songs.

Never heard back from you after that, but either way, it couldn't have been months ago. :|

Hi, everyone. Sorry for the relative silence on my part; it's been a hectic summer on my end - culminating in my brother's wedding this past Friday. An amazing experience, to say the least; I've been to many weddings before, but this one just blew the others out of the water with how well it was planned and executed. My new sister really knows how to bring things together.

Back on topic: if anyone would like to hear my thoughts on their WIPs, you have my email address. I'm not a musician or an audiophile, so I won't be able to give precise feedback, but I can give some general impressions and suggestions.

On that note, I haven't heard from Metal Man in quite some time. His proof-of-concept was incredible, so I'm really looking forward to hearing what he's done with his piece.

Here's my update - http://tindeck.com/listen/dshf.

Very, very nice. I have to wonder where my head was when we first spoke - this is a damned fine remix. I gave your website a quick once-over, and I'm really liking your Brinstar remix. Seriously, good work!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'll be dropping 'Snow White Soil' and 'Deep Purple Moonlight'.

Best of luck to Leif and Stevo with this arrange album.

...Well, this is disappointing news. Your WIP renditions were really impressive; they just needed a bit of retooling in order to fit into the game. And, since a complete tracklist doesn't seem likely, an arrangement album released alongside the revamped English localization would be the ideal way to proceed, rendering my original criticisms moot.

It's sad to see you go, but if you have your reasons for doing so, I'll respect your decision. Either way, I'd appreciate if you could speak to me via email so I have a better grasp of why you've chosen to recuse yourself. Forgive me if that sounds nosy; I'd just like to understand the people I work with as best as I can.

Regardless, thank you very much for what you have already contributed, DJ Mokram; those were some friggin' sweet WIPs you let me hear. You've left a strong impression on me, to say the least. I'd really like to work with you again in the future.

On a more positive note: Rosenkreuzstilette Freudenstachel, the sequel to the game whose soundtrack we are currently rearranging, is out now. Check out the free demo, and pick up a copy if you like what you see.

I have some net connection issues, so I say it here.

Expanded version of my source(Stevo heard it) was accepted to BadAss2 project as finished. I hope Stevo can show it to you.

Is it possible to have one track in two projects?

Yes, absolutely. I will ship it over to Leif when I have the time to sit and email it. Just clear it with Badass Director Puga before you commit.

Sorry to see Mokram go, but I'm not giving up hope yet that things can be salvaged. Nope, never giving up.

And I should have my final for Luste's Stage done within the next week or two.

• 3 weeks later...

If I can find some time in the next couple days, I'll get the last bit of my track finished up. All I think I need to do in there is just humanize the drums, piano and a couple other things and it should be finished.

My understanding is TDOMMX is largely satisfied with it as is, even if I could not get the synth bell to double over the lead, and I'm pretty proud of it myself, so I'd like to just do that and call it good if possible.

• 1 month later...