Return of Toonami?

What shows are they going to bring back is the ultimate question though...

Agreed, this is the prime question.

I've seen a lot of people listing programs they wish would return, but never someone listing what they might realistically air.

I was thinking they might run things like Young Justice, but then I read their press release: http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2012/05/16/adult-swim-announces-largest-programming-schedule-ever-for-2012-13-363412/20120516adultswim01/#vWeOlMhqRuzJlkCW.99

in addition to the return of previous series featured in Toonami, Adult Swim is also developing new original anime programming for fans.

Well then, I think we're in good hands. :-D

Space Ghost Coast to Coast is still my favorite show.

Funnier than anything that came after it.

The "Golden Age" of Cartoon Network really was friggin' awesome. Nothing beats Dexter's Lab... And I miss Cow and Chicken lol... Johnny Bravo was sometimes hilarious, but had some duds too...

That being said, a lot of shows kinda sucked then and would suck now... The lineup has always had hits and misses...

My problem w/ Cartoon Network is that it's been trying to retain the same audience for the last 15 years. People grow up, they stop watching cartoons, so they introduce wacky/zany/fart humor live action shit to keep them hooked... But what I think happened is that people like me who were CN fans as teenagers or kids don't want CN to progress w/ us past a certain point (like adult swim was the beginning of the end, even though it was good for a while)... SO yeah... To me, current CN is kinda trashy... But who cares if I go back to watch it? If I do, I want them to try to appeal to the 15 year-old me (bright eyed, bushy tailed), not to the (cynical) me-in-college who eventually found better things to do than to watch non-cartoons on a cartoon network. There's a point where you gotta say... "Hey... we are the Cartoon Network... Not Comedy Central meets Nickelodeon" (in a bad way).

My problem w/ Cartoon Network is that it's been trying to retain the same audience for the last 15 years. People grow up, they stop watching cartoons, so they introduce wacky/zany/fart humor live action shit to keep them hooked... But what I think happened is that people like me who were CN fans as teenagers or kids don't want CN to progress w/ us past a certain point (like adult swim was the beginning of the end, even though it was good for a while)... SO yeah... To me, current CN is kinda trashy... But who cares if I go back to watch it? If I do, I want them to try to appeal to the 15 year-old me (bright eyed, bushy tailed), not to the (cynical) me-in-college who eventually found better things to do than to watch non-cartoons on a cartoon network. There's a point where you gotta say... "Hey... we are the Cartoon Network... Not Comedy Central meets Nickelodeon" (in a bad way).

You're definitely right on about the weird live action shit that is on Adult Swim.

I think there's another problem with Cartoon Network, and it is something that isn't endemic solely to that channel. It's a problem with nearly all American animation since the early to mid 2000s: it's now almost solely focused on kids.

Example: Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, etc were all shows that greatly appealed to kids. But I still enjoy watching them now, and I'm pushing 30. They have a lot of adult humor injected into every episode that goes over most kids' heads.

Better example: Batman:TAS, Batman Beyond, Samurai Jack, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Sym-Bionic Titan. All amazing shows, and kids could definitely enjoy them, but the themes were much better appreciated by adults. Not to mention some very adult jokes.

The new Thundercats show is pretty good, but it seems like the exception, not the rule (but it'd still be awesome if they ran an "uncut" version on Adult Swim in which Panthro swears as often as I imagine he would if it weren't airing on Saturday mornings).

Anyhow, I still have some hope for the return of Toonami. (EDIT: Obviously not hope that it will return, but that it will actually have some semblance of its former quality)