LoZ MM - Song of Healing Piano Cover

MeMark2

This is my piano cover of the "Song of Healing" from "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask".

I named my cover "To Soothe a Wounded Soul".

Listen & download:

http://tindeck.com/listen/kdef <--EDIT:New Link!

I consider it finished in terms of arrangement/interpretation as well as structure. I'm mostly looking for feedback in terms of performance and production quality. However, I appreciate any and all feedback. :D

EDIT: I tried to improve the sound quality of my song and re-uploaded. Link is above.

Dunno how much I can help with performance since I'm barely at a one-handed level of piano proficiency. ;)

I've worked with this source before, so I know it well enough. Source and arrangement stuff is fine imo. Sticking to the chord structure of the original is conservative, but there's plenty of interpretation in the performance and rhythms. I like it. :D

Not being on my regular setup, I don't dare make any definitive statements about the production, but it seems like the main thing would be to make sure the dynamics are under control, possibly add lows (but I'm on laptop speakers so I have no clue about the lows). For a track to stack up well against tracks on ocr you should probably compare its levels and dynamics to recent piano tracks on ocr and make sure yours doesn't get much softer or much louder. Here's one.

This is quite wonderful. Song of healing is my favorite VGM track, and this mix does it justice. I personally, love what you did with the dynamics, they make the song very hypnotic. The only thing I can tell that could use addressing is that towards the end (2/3-ish) the performance gets a bit choppy. Sorry if that's vague, I don't know how to express it any other way. But honestly, this is great!