Double Dragon: Neon

blackguitar

• 5 months later...

There's potentially some foot-in-mouth action here, but I haven't heard that trailer, only the soundtrack (which is sweet). Why not ask Jake about the process and if there were any major differences vs. the April game preview? He's not a sheepish guy. :lol: Part of the layout of the music has to do with the '80s homage, so if you're not down with that approach in the first place, you're not gonna be feeling the music. But no one's asked any of the April posters how they feel now that the final OST is out, so see if they still feel the same way now. The soundtrack sounded good to me, or I wouldn't have plugged it so many times. Almost reminds me of the Street Fighter III: Online Edition criticism for Simon Viklund's arranged soundtrack.

I don't think that the track in the original video was impressive by any means. I had just purchased the soundtrack (for a whopping dollar) and it figured that it could use some exposure. I searched this thread and then walah. Track 4 and 9 have been eating up space on my playlist lately.

I don't hear what's so terribly wrong with it... this thread stinks of groupthink.

Hey man, don't do that. 3-4 people are entitled to share an opinion on the Internet without it being "groupthink". If they hardly ever posted here, had a long-standing bias against Jake, knew/liked each other, and only showed up to chime in on this thread and badmouth this OST, that'd be groupthink. This is just disagreement. Legit groupthink has imo more often occurred (on this site, at least) with people criticizing mixes I've strongly praised than anything else.

Anyways, I like it, but I like http://virt.bandcamp.com/album/mighty-milky-way-mighty-flip-champs-ost better - that opening theme is a classic.

Well I'm gonna say I've loved both the music and the game itself. Got it for free via PS Plus, but it's the game that finally makes me a fan of WayFoward (I've grabbed some of their past games, I felt they were good but nothing amazing.) Loved the comedy, and the song at the end sang by the final boss was great. Combat is fun and the stances give an easy way to mix up the way you fight. The only thing that gets on my nerves is the dodge attack, it dodges med-high attacks but low attacks will get you, and only experience will let you know if to dodge it or just back off. Overall I recomend this game to anyone looking for a good beat-em-up.

I like this game. At first at thought the game AND the soundtrack will suck just judging the first trailer. But they improved alot since then. The game is really fun to play. Sure it isn't made by a Japanese company (RIP Technos)but it has Bimmy and Jimmy and Megaman as a boss. Oh and if you duck seven times between two tomb stones at some point you will get an annoying yet helpful ally.

7/10