SONGS FOR THE CURE '12 (submissions, etc)

Josh Whelchel

Hey all!

First of all, I owe a huge debt of gratitude to the OCRemix community for supporting Songs for the Cure in the past. In the past three years I've written checks summating beyond $10,000 for the American Cancer Society. That's pretty awesome. So, uh, THANK YOU! (I really hate cancer, you know).

If you don't know, Songs for the Cure is an annual compilation that I organize to help raise funds for the American Cancer Society. It did pretty well on its own, but of course through the Game Music Bundle (1 + 2) we raised a lot more money and got a huge amount of exposure.

So, of course, we're doing it all over again - this time with a few changes. We're aiming for a more concise album - we'll no longer have the acoustic vocal tracks if they don't cater to the VG crowd in some way. It's hard to explain, but I think it's safe to say that if you're producing for OCRemix than you've probably got the right idea in mind.

Secondly, we're only accepting final track submissions - there isn't enough time in the day for me to spend emailing reminders to everyone.

So, read more here: http://www.cancerdrive.org/songs-for-the-cure-12-submissions/ and submit away. We're accepting submissions until JULY 15th 2012 at the end of the day PST (11:59pm, of course).

There is a more than large chance that SFTC12 will appear on a future Game Music Bundle, as well - so it's a good chance to get some wider exposure. (:

THANKS EVERYONE! Ask me any questions you need to, etc.

• 8 months later...