SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

Given that we're down to 8 spots now, I may need to put a temporary hold on accepting more participants until I've heard back from a few people that definitely said they were going to enter in my original "interest" thread for the compo. To be fair to them, I want to give them a chance in case they haven't been in here yet. Namely:

• Ben Briggs
  • Sir Nuts CHECK

• wildfire CHECK
  • AMT
  • Geeky Stoner

Where you guys at?

1-Sonic 1 (master system) Scrap Brain Zone

2-Sonic 2 (master system) aqua lake zone

3-Sonic 1 (Genesis) Green Hill Zone

4-S&K (Genesis) Death Egg Act 1

5-Sonic Triple Trouble (Game Gear) Sunset Park Zone Act 3

Sorry about the lateness.

EDIT: Also, since I still have to work on the street fighter compo I would like to be put on the last group please. Otherwise I will have a hard time getting a mix done for this.

Okay, here are my picks...

1. Panic Puppet Act 1 (Sonic 3D Blast GENESIS)

2. Ice Mountain (Sonic Advance)

3. Stardust Speedway (Sonic CD US)

4. Lava Reef Act 1 (S&K)

5. Launch Base (Sonic 3)

I'm only semi-surprised that someone else picked Panic Puppet Genesis version.

I still want in!

Well you're on SuperiorX's list of people for whom he's holding the entries, so go ahead and post your draft picks! I, on the other hand, may be out of luck :(

I still want in!

Great! Go ahead and post your picks! All the details are in the first post FYI.

Sorry about the lateness.

EDIT: Also, since I still have to work on the street fighter compo I would like to be put on the last group please. Otherwise I will have a hard time getting a mix done for this.

Well, I wouldn't exactly say you're late, considering I just posted the thread yesterday :) We've just had an unbelievable turnout right away. And sure, I can put you in the second bracket! Like I told Gario, then even if you make it to the final round of SF, you'll still have a week break in-between. Oh and also you don't need to specify Acts, you can use each in your tune if you so choose.

Well you're on SuperiorX's list of people for whom he's holding the entries, so go ahead and post your draft picks! I, on the other hand, may be out of luck :(

Nah you should be fine. You expressed your interest in that original thread too. If all goes according to plan, we'll be right where we need to be. I just honestly didn't expect this much turnout so quickly!

Good to have everyone on-board!

Nah you should be fine. You expressed your interest in that original thread too. If all goes according to plan, we'll be right where we need to be. I just honestly didn't expect this much turnout so quickly!

Good to have everyone on-board!

Great, thanks! I too am quite impressed with the turnout, how easily I forget how much people love their Sonic muzak :P

Can't wait! :D

OK, down to 5 spots now. Still need to hear back from Ben Briggs, AMT, and Geeky Stoner in terms of people who recently (within the past week) told me they were signing up. And wildfire needs to make her picks... That would then leave 2 more open spots.

Again, wow, I know Sonic is popular, but you guys & gals have been all over this. I'm so excited! :-D

Cutting it close! Here are my picks:

EDIT: Oh you just swapped out Stardust Speedway... stop modifying your post!!!!!!!! :) EDIT 2: I'm just going to wait till you're done to update the spreadsheet lol

Dem nerds sure love their sonic music.

I only have what, 3 sonic mixes up on ocr plus many others in sonic projects? Obviously we need more.

Hah! Obviously! We can never have enough!

Hey, so a small thing I noticed!

Panic Puppet Zone Act 1 and 2 from Sonic 3D Blast on Genesis have 2 separate themes.

Also, I like the variety of picks here. Some really awesome themes, I am tres excited.

Huh, I forgot about that... The one I want is from Act 1:

It's also used in the intro screens for the game. I just updated my list to indicate Act 1.

EDIT: Here's Act 2:

all except sonic 4

... O.O

jesus christ every song from every sonic game is amazing

all except sonic 4

Oh hey Ben! Glad you made it. I hope you enjoyed all of my messages :-D And yeah I'd have to agree that the Sonic 4 music overall was sort of disappointing.

is pretty awesome though (kinda surprised no one even has that in their Top 5 except me).
Yea, same here. But when you pick a zone, you get both acts for that zone. Since it seems we both really want that zone, we'll probably have to flip for it. Or rather, SuperiorX will flip a coin to see who gets it.

Thanks Amph for pointing this out... I never realized that Panic Puppet (Genesis) had two themes either. They are completely different themes too. This is getting a little trickier than expected 8O But yeah, Jason & Corey, since you both seem to be referring to the Act 1 theme, then I'll have to do a coin flip to decide who gets it.

..Right. Cool. I'm glad we all picked 5 themes, although I don't think anyone else picked my second choice.

And yeah no one has picked either of your #2 choices, so it looks like you'll both end up with something you want.

Which now leaves us with 2 open spots, 3 if I don't hear back from Geeky Stoner.

I LOVE "Lightspeed"!

Who is going to be hosting the songs? SuperiorX? OCR? Darke?

Mixers will turn them in to me and I'll be doing all the work: collecting the songs, tagging them, and making them a ZIP file, etc. But Darke has graciously offered to host the songs where he keeps all the Mega Man compo stuff, since I don't have my own web-space!