SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

Oh hey Ben! Glad you made it. I hope you enjoyed all of my messages :-D And yeah I'd have to agree that the Sonic 4 music overall was sort of disappointing.
is pretty awesome though (kinda surprised no one even has that in their Top 5 except me).

Hmm I'm now tempted to switch my first pick for that one, first because it is indeed a cool song and second because I will do my best to make it far enough so that chthonic HAS to mix it.

Ok

1) Chaos Angel (Sonic Advance 3)

2) Asteroid Coaster (Sonic Colors)

3) Wild Canyon (Sonic Adventure 2, yeah I went there)

4) Rusty Ruins Zone (Sonic 3D Blast GENESIS)

5) Route 99 (Sonic Advance 3)

I honestly had a hard time picking a number one between Asteroid Coaster and Chaos Angel.

I am looking forward to the challenge Chaos Angel brings but Asteroid Coaster might by my favorite Sonic song ever. Also, I'm glad to see other people are willing to experiment with more obscure songs. :D

:shock: WHOA STOP!!! I think we're at capacity now... Shadix did PM me earlier today inquiring about joining. That means there is technically one spot left. Geeky Stoner said he was going to join awhile ago, but I haven't heard back from him. So the final spot will be between him and Main Finger, if they indeed both want to join.

THEY MUST FIGHT TO THE DEATH!

1. Chemical Plant (Sonic)

2. Planet Wisp (Sonic Colours)

3, Angel Island (Sonic 3 iirc)

4. not needed

5. not needed

:-? I sure hope #4 & #5 aren't needed... And Chemical Plant is Sonic 2 FYI.

:shock: WHOA STOP!!! I think we're at capacity now... Shadix did PM me earlier today inquiring about joining. That means there is technically one spot left. Geeky Stoner said he was going to join awhile ago, but I haven't heard back from him. So the final spot will be between him and Main Finger, if they indeed both want to join.

THEY MUST FIGHT TO THE DEATH!

:-? I sure hope #4 & #5 aren't needed... And Chemical Plant is Sonic 2 FYI.

you got 2 slots left I think.

Edit: I'm being stupid and can't read. Ignore me.

I knew that. I was just seeing if you knew. :<

Did I make it in or what

You and Shadix made it in just by the hair on your chiny chin chin.

1. Aquarium Park (Sonic Colors)

2. Planet Wisp (Sonic Colors)

3. Chemical Plant (Sonic 2)

4. Marble Zone (Sonic 1)

5. I'll add this later, I just need to claim my participation

Oh, 2 more people joined. I'm not too late am I?

Crap... well like I said earlier Geeky Stoner was one other person who said they were interested back in my original interest thread for this compo. But I haven't heard from him since way back then, so I'm not sure if he still wanted to join or not. So I'd be leaning towards letting you in for the last spot... but I'm not sure where he's at.

I just realized that Sonic and the Secret Rings isn't up there. That game had some of my favorite music aside from the first three sonic games.

Yeah since Secret Rings and Black Knight are from the Sonic "Storybook" series, so I considered them not "core" platformer games, so they weren't included.

Crap... well like I said earlier Geeky Stoner was one other person who said they were interested back in my original interest thread for this compo. But I haven't heard from him since way back then, so I'm not sure if he still wanted to join or not. So I'd be leaning towards letting you in for the last spot... but I'm not sure where he's at.

People may drop out between now and the start of the compo. (It is a couple weeks away.) Since Main Finger made his picks first, why don't you let him in and other people can wait and see if someone drops.

People may drop out between now and the start of the compo. (It is a couple weeks away.) Since Main Finger made his picks first, why don't you let him in and other people can wait and see if someone drops.

Yeah that is what I'm going to do cause that seems most fair, since he is here now and made his picks. Yeah the compo isn't starting until May 5th, so if anyone drops between now and then, we can fill in if necessary. So yeah Main Finger you're in now.

And wow you guys are crazy, we got 32 participants in about 36 hours. Nice!

OK! So recruiting is official over now that we have 32 participants.

wildfire - I need choices from you please

Brandon - if you could pick 2 more Zones just for the sake of consistency, that'd be great thanks. I doubt we'll need to go down that far, but I already see some conflicts up front with Chemical Plant, Planet Wisp, and Aquarium Park that could make things dicey.

Also, everyone please review the Roster Spreadsheet and make sure I got all your choices right. PM if you changed anything and I missed it please. Once everyone's choices are finalized, I'll go through and resolve any conflicts with a coin toss. If someone loses their #1, and their #2 pick has a conflict with someone else's #1 pick, I will need to coin flip that to resolve that conflict. That is the fairest way to ensure everyone gets one of their highest picks. So just be aware, even if you're current #1 has no conflicts, it may, depending how the other conflicts are resolved.

Thanks! And again you guys all rock :mrgreen:

EDIT: Just heard from Geeky Stoner too and he's going to sit this one out, cause he's working on original stuff. So we don't have to worry about that now.

Mixers will turn them in to me and I'll be doing all the work: collecting the songs, tagging them, and making them a ZIP file, etc. But Darke has graciously offered to host the songs where he keeps all the Mega Man compo stuff, since I don't have my own web-space!

...maybe you should consider uploading them to a site like SoundCloud?

...maybe you should consider uploading them to a site like SoundCloud?

Then I'd have to upload everything individually and people could potentially find the links sooner. I'll be using the same method DarkeSword has used in his compos. The ReMixers will send me a link to a location where I can download their completed song (by the deadline). I'll download all the songs, tag them appropriately, put them in a zip, and then drop it via FTP onto Darke's host. Then I post the link for everyone to download.

Complete mixing rules, file-naming rules, submission information, voting rules, and all that jazz will be posted as we get closer to the start of the compo. Anyone familiar with Darke's compos will know the drill. For those of you that don't, it's pretty simple :-D

Could I possibly be a complete shit and change the order of my picks?

1: Tidal Tempest JAP/EURO - Sonic CD

2: Wacky Workbench JAP/EURO - Sonic CD

3: Speed Highway - Sonic Adventure

4: Emerald Coast - Sonic Adventure

5: Collision Chaos JAP/EURO - Sonic CD

I'd rather not have to roll halc for Collision Chaos, and no one's picked Tidal Temest JAP/Euro yet :)