SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

Could I possibly be a complete shit and change the order of my picks?

I'd rather not have to roll halc for Collision Chaos, and no one's picked Tidal Temest JAP/Euro yet :)

I'm with you on that one; since Halc's in this I may get my ass handed to me... I almost picked Tidal Tempest US. Honestly, I feel like there's not enough melody in the JP/EU soundtrack for me to mix with :/ I suppose that speaks to my style, or maybe my weaknesses...

I'm changing my picks to resolve the conflict with KingTiger's picks. My picks are now:

1. Ice Cap Zone (Sonic 3, Genesis)

2. Panic Puppet Zone (Sonic 3D Blast, Genesis)

3. Marble Zone (Sonic 1, Genesis)

4. Labyrinth Zone (Sonic 1, Genesis)

5. Oil Ocean Zone (Sonic 2, Genesis)

I guess someone had to remix Ice Cap. =)

I'm changing my picks to resolve the conflict with KingTiger's picks. My picks are now:

haha, awesome.

OK - the spreadsheet has been updated with the newest changes I've received. Still need:

• wildfire: need your picks please!
  • Brandon: if you could make your 2 final choices please, although likely uneccesary

Thank you everyone who changed your picks to resolve conflicts. If anyone else would like to voluntarily resolve their conflicts, that would save us some coin flips, and we've got some time since we're not actually starting for a few weeks. If not, no worries, I'll resolve your conflicts for you. Remaining conflicts include:

• Chemical Plant (Sonic 2) - TheRexAsaurous & Brandon Strader
  • Aquarium Park (Sonic Colors) - Ben Briggs & Main Finger

Depending on how those conflicts are resolved they could affect additional picks: Brandon & Main Finger both have Planet Wisp as #2, Rex has Mystic Cave as #2, and Chernabogue has Mystic Cave as #1. And Main Finger has Chemical Plant as #3. Could get messy FYI.

Once I get wildfire's choices, I'll resolve conflicts sometime this week. So if anyone else wants to switch just let me know. Thanks!

I was hoping someone would do it :)

Could I possibly be a complete shit and change the order of my picks?

1: Tidal Tempest JAP/EURO - Sonic CD

2: Wacky Workbench JAP/EURO - Sonic CD

3: Speed Highway - Sonic Adventure

4: Emerald Coast - Sonic Adventure

5: Collision Chaos JAP/EURO - Sonic CD

I'd rather not have to roll halc for Collision Chaos, and no one's picked Tidal Temest JAP/Euro yet :)

bwahah. I'd of had that on my list as well if I didn't have plans to remix it for my own purposes. ;) can't wait to hear your take(s) on it.

bwahah. I'd of had that on my list as well if I didn't have plans to remix it for my own purposes. ;) can't wait to hear your take(s) on it.

I have a feeling we both chose CC for the same reason, lol (it's catchy as hell, and contains a lot of motif's that would be real easy to mix into other zone sources :P ), but yeah, Tidal Tempest is one of my faves, and one of the first tracks I looped endlessly from the game disc - the whole soundtrack is uber-special to me - it was my first taste of Redbook audio, after all. So which ever zone from that version of Sonic CD I get to remix, I end up winning either way.

It goes without saying that I'm ULTRA excited to see what you do with Collision Chaos :)

Planet Wisp is so good, so I hope SOMEONE ends up with it. I'm glad to see so much Sonic Colours love in general really.

Sonic Colors (in 'merica) has a great soundtrack in general. I love almost every stage music. The main theme though is forgettable IMO, at least in comparison to Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, and *shivers* Sonic '06.

I am so excited for this compo you have no idea! Thank you SuperiorX for breaking the Capcom monopoly.

Sonic Colors (in 'merica) has a great soundtrack in general. I love almost every stage music. The main theme though is forgettable IMO, at least in comparison to Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, and *shivers* Sonic '06.

I am so excited for this compo you have no idea! Thank you SuperiorX for breaking the Capcom monopoly.

Yeah seriously, that main theme, ugh *shudder*

I remained the only person to pick something from Sonic 2006.

:tomatoface:

I would have picked Soleanna New City if it was a stage. So groovy.

OK - the spreadsheet has been updated with the newest changes I've received. Still need:

• wildfire: need your picks please!
  • Brandon: if you could make your 2 final choices please, although likely uneccesary

Thank you everyone who changed your picks to resolve conflicts. If anyone else would like to voluntarily resolve their conflicts, that would save us some coin flips, and we've got some time since we're not actually starting for a few weeks. If not, no worries, I'll resolve your conflicts for you. Remaining conflicts include:

Depending on how those conflicts are resolved they could affect additional picks: Brandon & Main Finger both have Planet Wisp as #2, Rex has Mystic Cave as #2, and Chernabogue has Mystic Cave as #1. And Main Finger has Chemical Plant as #3. Could get messy FYI.

Once I get wildfire's choices, I'll resolve conflicts sometime this week. So if anyone else wants to switch just let me know. Thanks!

I'd personally rather keep the conflict and see what happens with the coin toss

I really love my second choice as well so I figured it was a good way to do it

So what have we learned today?...

C'mon guys, everyone knows Tidal Tempest US was the superior song. (or maybe I'm just dyin' because Sonic CD US is getting so overlooked here :sad: )

Kyle only likes the US soundtrack for Sonic CD. Kyle, here is a

just for you, since it looks like no one is going to have that track.
Remaining conflicts include:

TheRexAsaurous wants to challenge Brandon to fisticuffs, but Brandon almost prefers to go to Planet Wisp, and Ben wants to keep his conflict open! Main Finger, do you have any opinion or preference before we let the Hands of Fate (coin of fate?) decide your pick?

And wildfire PMed me earlier. She should have her picks posted in here very soon. I think that's about it...

Oh, and I'm awesome. Thank you, that is all! :wink:

Yeah I'd be fine with metal harbor, but I'd still like the coin toss. Superior X, can I switch my number 2 pick to Metal Harbor?

lol yeah if you want... but then if you do lose the flip, it'll create a conflict with AMT cause he has "Metal Harbor" as #1. This is where it gets tricky. Once I know wildfire's picks, then we'll be set and I can resolve conflicts. I do kinda want to hear what Main Finger thinks too...