SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

I'm all hoping to see if I could form a good collection, but I honestly can't see myself getting that far. Even if I do my best, I'm already in fear of a) what my opponents might do, and B) odd voting politics.

I'm still pretty sure I won't survive the first round :(

Rexy, please. The competition hasn't even started yet, no one has voted on anything at all. If anything, talking about voting politics will create voting politics. I honestly don't think anyone here has an agenda when voting, or is out to get anyone when voting in these tournaments. I like to think that we're all better than that. People simply have musical preferences, which they demonstrate when voting. It's entirely subjective: what you think is a great song may not necessarily be what I think is a great song, and vice versa.

I don't want this to turn into another 2-page debate like it did in the WCRG, so let's please just leave it alone and enjoy the music that we are all going to create.

I've been jamming my track in every possible circumstance, I've gotta say that I've wanted to mix Skydeck for AGES.

This is the perfect way to do it.

INB4 Loses First Round

Nice! I was going through the roster list earlier today and thinking "oh I can't wait to hear what this person does with this theme". Then I realized I was doing that with everybody :) Can't wait!

Once Upon a Wisp~

The tracks I make for this wouldn't become an album, like I said! I said I may feature them on a larger album as only a very very very small part of it, comparatively.. but you guys did give me a great idea that I wasn't considering previously, choosing a name for each "section" of the album. Like my Planet Wisp mixes can have their own name.. Almost like a chapter. AN ALBUM WITH CHAPTERS!?!?!?!?

Yo Superior, I noticed that there's only one source for the Metal Harbor stage. There is also
source for when you're boarding. Is it kosher to remix that as well?

I suppose... upon listening to it, it sounds a bit different than the actual Zone theme. It seems like it serves as more of an "intro" to the main theme. I'd say for anyone mixing it that if you want to incorporate some elements of it, fine, but it sounds like the main source has more than enough material to work with. Thanks for pointing this out!

So how long will each round of mixing last?

Each round of mixing will last 1 week, from Saturday 12pm (noon) EDT to the following Saturday at 12pm (noon) EDT. Thus, it'll be following the same deadlines as Darke's previous Mega Man compos.

OK! Bracket assignments are as follows:

Sonic Bracket:

• Jason Covenant
  • SuperiorX
  • Amphibious
  • Phonetic Hero
  • PixelPanic
  • Main Finger
  • Mr. L
  • Rexy
  • Xenon Odyssey
  • AkumajoBelmont
  • Shadix
  • Magellanic
  • Ben Briggs
  • TheRexAsaurous
  • DusK
  • hakstock

Robotnik Bracket:

• Gario
  • Enigami
  • BlackPanther
  • AMT
  • Brandon Strader
  • Tuberz McGee
  • wildfire
  • urdailywater
  • Arceace
  • Syllix
  • Sir Jordanius
  • Dj Mokram
  • Chernabogue
  • halc
  • Sir_NutS
  • KingTiger

The Sonic Bracket will begin mixing its' 1st Round on Saturday, May 5th at 12PM (noon) EDT. Individual match-ups will be posted at that time. Mixes for the 1st Round will be due on Saturday, May 12th at 12PM (noon) EDT. Submission details will be outlined in the first post.

The Robotnik Bracket will begin mixing its' 1st Round on Saturday, May 12th at 12PM (noon) EDT. Individual match-ups will be posted at that time. Mixes for the 1st Round will be due on Saturday, May 19th at 12PM (noon) EDT.

Voting for each round will take place the week immediately following submissions (the same week the other bracket is mixing). Voting results and next-round match-ups will always be posted at 12PM EDT. All of these details and more will be added to the first post momentarily.

Now that brackets are assigned, I'll start work on your custom bracket sigs. Keep an eye out for them! And quick, everyone start working on 15 different versions of your songs, one of them will be right! :-P

Pick your poison. Both brackets are stacked. :-P

Really? I think if I was Brandon right now I'd only be worried about Gario and halc. But in my case here's Jason Covenant, Phonetic Hero, Main Finger (probably one of my biggest fears), Ben Briggs, AkumajoBelmont... and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I guess if I get knocked out in the first round, better by the hands of someone more experienced. :oops:

Pick your poison. Both brackets are stacked. :-P

This is true. We're pretty blessed to have such a tough competition. Haha

I'm cutting down all the source tunes that I need to memorize for this.

I've gotta admit all this Sonic CD mumbo jumbo ain't helpin'. Haha

And now I realise my source tune is incredibly easy to remember. Double edged sword there.

Really? I think if I was Brandon right now I'd only be worried about Gario and halc. But in my case here's Jason Covenant, Phonetic Hero, Main Finger (probably one of my biggest fears), Ben Briggs, AkumajoBelmont... and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I guess if I get knocked out in the first round, better by the hands of someone more experienced. :oops:

Oh I don't know. You got Sir_NutS (who is cleaning up the SF compo right now), Sir Jordanius, BlackPanther, and AMT in the Robotnik Bracket too. Plus all of us 'non-posted' guys in both brackets can hold our own too! Either way you look at it, both brackets have a lot of talent, and you really can't discount anyone. It's going to be a challenge for anybody to come out victorious! :-D I can't wait to see what happens!