SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

Come on Mokram, you're not a noob; "The Desert Has a Strange Dream" is waiting to be posted right now, and I saw a lot of potential in your style since my last days of involvement with the PRC. I'm pretty sure you'll fight the good fight in your bracket :D

Oh cool, I didn't know Mokram had a mix 'to-be-posted', congrats! For anyone who's counting, then technically the Robotnik bracket has more posted (or to-be-posted) OCRers than the Sonic bracket (from what I know).

I will create a digital painting for the winner of this contest. Size will probably be 1920x1080 pixels just so you could use it as a wallpaper.

What, the fame, notoriety, and VGM music groupies you'd get for winning isn't enough? :-P Nah, that's a cool idea though! Some sort of small prize for winning would be neat. Maybe I'll make the winner a custom sig that chronicles their victories! hah.

Ok, I will probably add my custom spacesynth and 80s synthpop patches for GTG JP-1, Synth 1 and TAL-U-NO 60 later this week so they can be used on other daws like fruity loops and ableton.

Awesome! However to everyone saying they'll battle Akumajo with 80s synth-pop... I'm not sure that trying to beat him at his own game is the wisest of strategies :wink:

Ok, I will probably add my custom spacesynth and 80s synthpop patches for GTG JP-1, Synth 1 and TAL-U-NO 60 later this week so they can be used on other daws like fruity loops and ableton.

Those VSTs are all I use for my 80s style tracks(when i'm not working in Reason), and they are all free to download from their respective sites.

Sweeeeet hehe. Sounds good to me.

Awesome! However to everyone saying they'll battle Akumajo with 80s synth-pop... I'm not sure that trying to beat him at his own game is the wisest of strategies :wink:

And yeah, you're right. The thing is I just love the style and I know my source tune would work well with it :D Anywho, I'm really excited about this competition. I imagine all the trash talk will commense nearer the start time :<

And yeah, you're right. The thing is I just love the style and I know my source tune would work well with it :D Anywho, I'm really excited about this competition. I imagine all the trash talk will commense nearer the start time :<

Yeah you're right, Star Light is practically begging to be done in that style. It would sound amazing, I would venture to say.

I would defeat akumajo's 80s vocal pop with my oddly panned but awesome 60s vocal pop

I just realized you're not even in my bracket and I'll never get to go up against you... /sad

Also these contests usually result in NOTHING. But I want to throw this out there:

I will create a digital painting for the winner of this contest. Size will probably be 1920x1080 pixels just so you could use it as a wallpaper.

leave me alone... It was late and I wasn't paying attention... :P

Those VSTs are all I use for my 80s style tracks(when i'm not working in Reason), and they are all free to download from their respective sites.

Will said VSTs work in Logic?

As Promised, VST patches!

I've never used Logic but if logic can host VSTs, they will.

If I can get people to get motivated into delivering some 80s goodness, this will make this competition even more awesome :D.

I believe it will. I normally only use AU's. I'll give it a shot once my laptop's HD finishes de-fragging :P I don't particularly want to make music in an 80's style, but I love 80's synth sounds and would enjoy weaving them into my music.

For anyone who's counting, then technically the Robotnik bracket has more posted (or to-be-posted) OCRers than the Sonic bracket (from what I know).

Nah, I ran a tally earlier this week; the Robotnik side has 8 posted and 1 pending, and the Sonic side has 6 posted as well as 3 pending (Phonetic Hero, Magellanic and DusK). So after all that thought about tough brackets, it seemed as if both brackets seemed pretty even :razz:

Nah, I ran a tally earlier this week; the Robotnik side has 8 posted and 1 pending, and the Sonic side has 6 posted as well as 3 pending (Phonetic Hero, Magellanic and DusK). So after all that thought about tough brackets, it seemed as if both brackets seemed pretty even :razz:

The only differnece is you need to tally up how many of the other side of theb rackt is lizards, and who is a lziard on each bracket, and the nwe can determine who will win based on how much lizards there are in each bracket

Ah, I had accounted for everyone except Magellanic, I didn't know he had a mix to-be-posted. That's awesome, congrats! But yeah, both brackets do look pretty even... Things should get interesting! There always seems to be 1 or 2 big surprises in these compos too, so I'm excited to see who this compo's will be!

So then, it has been settled. The people with blue signatures representing Sonic have been established as lizards. We shall grant them no quarter. We shall rob them of their dimes and nickels. You lizards had better be able to blend in, because if any of us Robotnik bracket people finds ya, we will destroy you in a way only men can: with music. Oh wait I keep forgetting I have to fight people in my own bracket. Nevermind.

So then, it has been settled. The people with blue signatures representing Sonic have been established as lizards. We shall grant them no quarter. We shall rob them of their dimes and nickels. You lizards had better be able to blend in, because if any of us Robotnik bracket people finds ya, we will destroy you in a way only men can: with music. Oh wait I keep forgetting I have to fight people in my own bracket. Nevermind.

You mean these guys?

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Newtron

For anyone who's counting, then technically the Robotnik bracket has more posted (or to-be-posted) OCRers than the Sonic bracket (from what I know).

Being up against a posted remixer or not isn't really anything to get intimidated by. The only thing that makes me officially a "posted" mixer is a song from 2002 that predates the judges panel and is like... the worst thing ever.

Being up against a posted remixer or not isn't really anything to get intimidated by. The only thing that makes me officially a "posted" mixer is a song from 2002 that predates the judges panel and is like... the worst thing ever.

Which is ironic seeing that you've produced quite a lot of great tracks recently. Wonder what your ten year re-emergence OCR posting will be.

Which is ironic seeing that you've produced quite a lot of great tracks recently. Wonder what your ten year re-emergence OCR posting will be.

Yeah really, between your MM9 track, the stuff from the GRMRB 2011, WCRG, and now SF, there is bound to be something that is hopefully making it's way through the panel, right?