SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

Indeed, there's too much Chemical Plant coverage around here surprisingly.

Though in regards to Sonic 2 love, I'm pretty sure Phonetic Hero will do wonders with Hill Top. That is one tricky source to go in regards to content, but I'm sure he can do it too :D

Oh yes. I'm interested to hear what you do with Emerald Hill, Rexy! And I am absolutely thrilled Pete picked Hill Top. We were talking before the compo and I was telling him how I've never ever heard a single Hill Top remix ever and that's it's such a vastly underrated theme. Can't wait.

Just about a week until the Sonic Bracket Round 1 starts!!!!!! :mrgreen:

I've never been in a compo like this before, but my direction I'm taking is just jamming my source tune and having fun with it. Reminding myself WHY I love it so much.

Jam it in every paradigm/genre possible.

That way you can make quick judgements as to genre for your Mix when the time comes.

Also, I've been getting super familiar with the source tunes of my bracket and even jamming some of them.

There are a few that I hope I get to go against.

Some of them are as follows:

Planet Wisp,

Chun Nan - Dragon Road,

Mystic Cave,

Panic Puppet,

Metal Harbor,

Sky Chase Zone,

Launch Base Zone,

Collision Chaos,

Splash Hill,

Sky Sanctuary,

Rusty Ruin.

Hold up, that's nearly my whole bracket.

Sweet.

Also, I've been getting super familiar with the source tunes of my bracket and even jamming some of them.

There are a few that I hope I get to go against.

Some of them are as follows:

Planet Wisp,

I'm gonna smother you with awesomeness like a pancake wrapping around a lizard, heavenly ecstasy until you realize you're dead from suffocation and/or being squished.

Indeed, there's too much Chemical Plant coverage around here surprisingly.

Though in regards to Sonic 2 love, I'm pretty sure Phonetic Hero will do wonders with Hill Top. That is one tricky source to go in regards to content, but I'm sure he can do it too :D

I blame Brandon for tempting me with that song trade like the seductress he is.

I'm gonna smother you with awesomeness like a pancake wrapping around a lizard, heavenly ecstasy until you realize you're dead from suffocation and/or being squished.

Bring it! It wouldn't be fun without competition! :D

Plus, I practically have a plan sorted for that theme already. ;D

I have a notebook with ideas. I CAME PREPARED

INB4 knocked out first round

I've never ever heard a single Hill Top remix ever and that's it's such a vastly underrated theme. Can't wait.

This. Hill Top is one of my favorite themes of all time. If I do go up against ph I'm expecting some hardcore funk action that only two lizards can bring justice to.

No homo

Lizards are more abundant here and more afraid of pancakes, here's some more lizards, but you may fear the pancake more in great numbers. Risk of lizards, not until the pancake says so until it has been covered with syrup, and more syrup requires more lizards, until each pancake rises tomorrow. Get here before lizards, you now want pancakes and more of the lizards means more pancakes. I would have for us a lizard meal, but want to improve the pancakes for now. Free pancakes for my needs, but until such time as you want my lizard to grow strong, but there is no lizard here anymore, according to the great pancake. And how to improve the ways of the lizard, one foot at a time. It's quite easy really...

Some of these potential pairings could be interesting. Lava Reef vs. Skydeck?

As much as I agree with you, I somehow doubt I will be the champion of the Sonic Bracket :-) You never know though I guess, hah.

And yes, only one week remaining until Round 1 begins! GET EXCITE!!! I'll be updating the first post soon with some additional submissions and voting information for everyone.

"Salty Sig Zone"

I about died loling. That's just wonderful.

i just wrote 'zone' has a starter but it was too small to easily grab and move it around, so salty sig to keep the sonic cd trend.

Oh that looks pretty cool. Where would that be? Hosted on a website, so you'd click on each of those little bracket images and download all mixes from that artist, is that what you had in mind?

my website like the megaman archive yes.

As much as I agree with you, I somehow doubt I will be the champion of the Sonic Bracket :-) You never know though I guess, hah.

And yes, only one week remaining until Round 1 begins! GET EXCITE!!! I'll be updating the first post soon with some additional submissions and voting information for everyone.

For the record, I doubt I'll get there too, but it would be rad man. :D

The WCRG or GRMRB stuff was never added to a public archive was it? I thought it was just limited to the zip files that people downloaded after each round and maybe a final zip in the thread. I don't know how I'd feel about those songs being in public distribution. A lot of the stuff in these compos goes on to be improved and released on like, something.. :-o

The Social Group, which we'll eventually use for voting has been set up. Feel free to join now (although there is nothing to do there until voting begins).

I created a badge for the social group, although I'm not 100% satisfied with it. Would any talented photoshoppers like to try something? If you come up with something better, I'll use it instead. Pics must be 200x200. Here's mine:

SZRC_artwork2.png

If you want to download the Sonic fonts, I got them from this website. I can post a PSD of the OCR-item box I made too, if anyone wants to use that.

EDIT: Additional submission and voting details have been added to the first post.

The WCRG or GRMRB stuff was never added to a public archive was it? I thought it was just limited to the zip files that people downloaded after each round and maybe a final zip in the thread. I don't know how I'd feel about those songs being in public distribution. A lot of the stuff in these compos goes on to be improved and released on like, something.. :-o

Not to my knowledge... and I think Doulifée just meant he'd mirror the zip on his website for a redundant download site, I don't think anyone is planning on distributing them in any more public of a manner than having them here in this thread.

This sums up my strategy for the compo quite neatly ...oh, wait.

Also, nothing would brighten my day more than going up against Underground Zone.

Mixing my two favorites Sonic tunes just before getting burned down by a wildfire.

What a glorious and dignified ending it would be. ;D

NO I MUST FACE YOU

YOUR SOURCE TUNE IS AWESOME AND SO IS MINE

And plus, you're rad and I'd love to see what you come up with.

http://doulifee.com/Storage/Megaman/

i archive one of the contest. btw didn't darkesword released some sort of album or something? don't remember if the songs were improved or not.

that's what i want to do with this one. you know Brandon browse throught the prc archive, there are a lot of low grade mix there too.