SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

By the way, quick question - if someone were to collaborate with someone else outside of the competition, would that be alright? Not that I ever have or anything, but I always like to know my options when mixing.

Yeah if you wanted to collaborate with someone outside of the competition on a song, that would be fine. The only stipulation would be that you must to be the primary mixer. Having someone else contribute a small part, like say an instrument solo, vocals, etc. would be fine, as long as you, the participant, is the primary person creating the song.

So you're saying I could still write the arrangement out as a MIDI, and get someone else outside of the compo to do an MP3 render?

Not saying that I'll actually do that mind :razz: but this may end up being an option in the event that my laptop breaks down during the competition and I'd be unable to get it repaired/replaced in time. Anyone who follows me on Facebook or sees me hanging around the #ocremix IRC may know what I'm talking about. :?

Yeah if you wanted to collaborate with someone outside of the competition on a song, that would be fine. The only stipulation would be that you must to be the primary mixer. Having someone else contribute a small part, like say an instrument solo, vocals, etc. would be fine, as long as you, the participant, is the primary person creating the song.

Gotcha. Alright, thanks!

So you're saying I could still write the arrangement out as a MIDI, and get someone else outside of the compo to do an MP3 render?

Well I'd consider sound design, instrument selection, and all the production work pretty big aspects of creating a song as well (which are all in addition to writing a MIDI arrangement), so I would try to steer away from the exact example you provided. Having someone else do that work doesn't exactly seem right. However, if you just meant having someone render an mp3 for you, then I don't see that as such a big deal. Hopefully you don't have any computer problems!

Well I'd consider sound design, instrument selection, and all the production work pretty big aspects of creating a song as well (which are all in addition to writing a MIDI arrangement), so I would try to steer away from the exact example you provided. Having someone else do that work doesn't exactly seem right. However, if you just meant having someone render an mp3 for you, then I don't see that as such a big deal. Hopefully you don't have any computer problems!

What if they dictated all the things you'd have to do? The sounds, effects, etc... It would be really really awkward, but if your laptop breaks, that would be an option.

And I can help if you ever need it Rexy.

Not saying that I'll actually do that mind :razz: but this may end up being an option in the event that my laptop breaks down during the competition and I'd be unable to get it repaired/replaced in time. Anyone who follows me on Facebook or sees me hanging around the #ocremix IRC may know what I'm talking about. :?

Yeah... I'm probably just gonna outsource all my songs to Daft Punk or The Crystal Method or something.

In this thread: the precise moment when Rexy realizes that sound replacement, playing the instruments, mixing, and mastering is a bigger job than she realized. :)!!

I'm gonna smother you with awesomeness like a pancake wrapping around a lizard, heavenly ecstasy until you realize you're dead from suffocation and/or being squished.

Been gone for 14 pages, come back to see Brandon got lizards in my Sonic and I'm now a pancake. 8O

Almost wish the competition were started a couple weeks later though, I would've loved to to have Sylvania Castle for my pick.

LMAO... I was curious if anyone would notice that little reference to Darke's compo rules :smile: I'm keeping you guys on your toes.

Hehe. Seriously though, guys, make sure the filenames are correct. This will make things easier for Matt and also make each batch of mixes that comes out every week look pro, instead of crappy and inconsistent.

Hehe. Seriously though, guys, make sure the filenames are correct. This will make things easier for Matt and also make each batch of mixes that comes out every week look pro, instead of crappy and inconsistent.

I'm still remembering the time where Flexstyle credited Jason as "Prophecy" in his second track for WCRG. And yet, that still was accepted. :razz:

But oddities aside, I'll be sure to keep to the formats. You can trust me :)

Well if you want something from me, trash talk doesn't work at all in regards to myself or making my music feel better than it is.

So instead, I shall follow a more literal definition and creep on everyone when they're asleep, and pour the contents of their trash cans on their heads.

And there we go; the bin men for this week can go home early because you're covered in your own filth. :wink: