SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

Well if you want something from me, trash talk doesn't work at all in regards to myself or making my music feel better than it is.

So instead, I shall follow a more literal definition and creep on everyone when they're asleep, and pour the contents of their trash cans on their heads.

And there we go; the bin men for this week can go home early because you're covered in your own filth. :wink:

Eeek! I'm glad I live in the States... far from the reaches of Bev's trash-can shenanigans! :-) You better watch out Liam! I've never heard garbagemen called the 'bin men' before, it must be one of those delightful British phrases :razz:

In a little more than 72 hours, Round 1 of the Sonic Bracket will commence!!!

Eeek! I'm glad I live in the States... far from the reaches of Bev's trash-can shenanigans! :-) You better watch out Liam! I've never heard garbagemen called the 'bin men' before, it must be one of those delightful British phrases :razz:

In a little more than 72 hours, Round 1 of the Sonic Bracket will commence!!!

Yes, be sure to get used to our britishisms in here. Going to be nuts!

But with 72 hours left, i actually am in a pickle. I have had continued problems with my laptop and may get to the point that it may be in the hands of a pc repairer by tomorrow night. Frankly i can still try and write music with someone else's laptop, but what fears me is being shunned stylistically because of any degraded production, or worse, not having anything at all. I'm really worried about this now; could anyone offer a lizard a few pointers? :-S

But with 72 hours left, i actually am in a pickle. I have had continued problems with my laptop and may get to the point that it may be in the hands of a pc repairer by tomorrow night. Frankly i can still try and write music with someone else's laptop, but what fears me is being shunned stylistically because of any degraded production, or worse, not having anything at all. I'm really worried about this now; could anyone offer a lizard a few pointers? :-S

Uh oh! How severe is your laptop problem and how long will it take to fix? I guess best case scenario would be to start writing your MIDI arrangement the first half of the week, on another computer if you can, then do all the production & instrument selection stuff the second half of the week if you can get your computer back by then.

...or go to Willrock's house. He can't live that far away right? :)

Well, I definitely appreciate the idea Matt.

However, my dad must be somewhat of a prat:

He thinks the problem is a congested HD drive,

Which I resolved by freeing 30GB... plus five.

But I don't think this'll solve much,

And I believe he's been talking double dutch.

He's got me to answer to this time next week,

Should my lappy stay here, and its maker it meets.

:|

Well, I definitely appreciate the idea Matt.

However, my dad must be somewhat of a prat:

He thinks the problem is a congested HD drive,

Which I resolved by freeing 30GB... plus five.

But I don't think this'll solve much,

And I believe he's been talking double dutch.

He's got me to answer to this time next week,

Should my lappy stay here, and its maker it meets.

:|

Wow Bev I like your sick rhymes,

I really hope your comp survives this time,

From my experience with PCs this much I know,

A full harddive rarely makes one's computer slow.

What other symptoms have afflicted your poor lappy?

Is it just the fact it's not running so snappy?

Any random crashes or blue screens of death?

Please describe your problems more in-depth.

Wow Bev I like your sick rhymes,

I really hope your comp survives this time,

From my experience with PCs this much I know,

A full harddive rarely makes one's computer slow.

What other symptoms have afflicted your poor lappy?

Is it just the fact it's not running so snappy?

Any random crashes or blue screens of death?

Please describe your problems more in-depth.

Well, mostly it comes from booting up the PC.

Sometimes I hear a whistle coming from the HD.

When that happens, the screen would then freeze:

Enter one of those painful hard resets, geez.

There was also one situation yesterday,

When powering it on, there was only a black display.

Panicked as I was, I turned it off and on;

Thank God the laptop's life wasn't quite gone.

But in all those scenarios, there's one thing in common:

When it says "Starting Windows", it stays there too long.

And now I'm in fear for the next major bump,

And that there is the story of my laptop's slump. >_>

And that there is the story of my laptop's slump. >_>

I'm sorry everyone I know how much fun rhyming can be,

But if I answer in rhyme again I may lose my sanity.

So Bev - it sounds to me like your hard drive is failing. Having too many files on the computer would definitely not cause the hard drive to actually make any noises. Little clicks and chirp-chirps are normal, like the sounds you hear when the HDD is accessing data, but if it's making a whining or whistling noise, that is never good. That usually means the HDD is wearing out. The screen only displaying black could also mean there could be a video card issue too, but it can be hard to diagnose those things especially with laptops. What you're describing though definitely sounds more like a HDD issue. Hopefully you've got your stuff backed up. I'd recommend running a CHKDSK in DOS and see if it finds anything with the HDD, and then also try googling some free hardware diagnostic tools. See if there is something you can find to run overnight... and see if it fails any of the HDD or hardware tests.

With that said, let the rhyming commence,

Waiting to read such poetry is of great suspense.

(Also nice one Doulifee - I know French fairly well so I understood most of what you said :smile:)

Yes, be sure to get used to our britishisms in here. Going to be nuts!

I'd be happy to help in any way. Of course, I don't know if you'd want my help :P

Well, SuperiorX, you could ask any of us pancakes if one of us would be willing to trade spots with Rexy. I'm afraid that I can't, myself, now that I've scheduled around this time, but perhaps one of us with a bit of a more flexible schedule could transform into a reptile for her sake so she has an extra week to figure out her computer issues.

Well, SuperiorX, you could ask any of us pancakes if one of us would be willing to trade spots with Rexy. I'm afraid that I can't, myself, now that I've scheduled around this time, but perhaps one of us with a bit of a more flexible schedule could transform into a reptile for her sake so she has an extra week to figure out her computer issues.

That's a good proposition. However if Rexy isn't able to take her computer in to get fixed, then that may end up just delaying the inevitable. I'll wait and see what she says, or if she thinks she'll be able to take her lappy in or not, before we try to switch things around.