SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

Only post the name of the ReMixer you're voting for in the voting thread, and you need to vote in ALL battles in the round for your votes to count.

I assume this excludes our own battle :<

Sick mixes errybody.

AkumajoBelmont, I wasn't expecting a sick rap song, but your theme does work quite well with the genre so it makes sense. Love it.

EDIT - gotta shout out to the birthday boy for his entrancing mix as well. Damn dats groovy Ben.

Great job everyone!

And SuperiorX... smooth mix, man.

...And it appears we both like the Good Future of Quartz Quadrant. :smile:

Thanks, and yeah I was going to say, wow Mr. L you've improved A LOT since your WCRG stuff. I really like your mix.

And I actually mainly used Quartz Quadrant Present stuff in my mix, but the two sound pretty similar except for that one Good Future melody, which I actually didn't use in my track. I kept trying to find neat ways to overlap the two themes, or have Quartz play off the main Lava Reef melody. I think I did a decent job. I'll post more detailed comments on everyone's tracks later in the week, cause I always enjoy doing that.

Akumajo, your guest rap/secret weapon is pretty epic.

Amphibious, your track has a great "Vibe' (thus the title, I'm assuming). It's very atmospheric, but keeps things moving and interesting.

Mr. Briggs, I really like your Sonic voice samples. And Xenon, I really love your great chiptune production.

Dusk, your track really rocks, although I wish some of the EQ/mastering was a bit better.

And yes, Chaos Angel IS all over the place! jeez. Great job, Main Finger & jakesnke17, for being able to work with it. MF, your DnB production skills are fantastic. And Jake, your track is very very good, if I didn't already know that you pulled an all-nighter to make it I never would have guessed.

Mr. L & Superior X, you both did a great job of blending your two source themes, and your tracks are very enjoyable.

Phonetic Hero, your chiptune-style skills sound great, and you did a great job of blending the two themes. (And yes, your cheesy orchestra hit fits perfectly :) ) PixelPanic, I think I see what your were going for, but it's a little... weird :/

TheRexAsaurous, yours is pretty good, very unique style, but enjoyable, although some of your synths seem a bit generic (something I'm often guilty of). Rather short, too.

I think everybody did such a great job. It was hard to decide to vote for on several of the matchups. A lot of great production on most of them, although I felt like they were all kinda short? I suppose that's what happens when you're faced with the tough challenge of blending two different sources in one short week; I guess I'll find out soon, since my bracket just started! (Also I usually like long, drawn-out electronica tracks... so I'm sure that doesn't help)

I'm merely a humble listener, but I just wanted to say by holding this competition and releasing the first tracks today, you've indirectly given me one of the best birthday presents I've ever had.

Thanks guys, I love your work!

And DiGi!! Wicked awesome cameo, love your work :D You make a fitting secret weapon, my friend
Haha, why thank you! :) Glad you like my contribution. Honestly, truth be told, AkumaJo only contacted me two days ago and was all like "DiGi, jump on this tune with me. Also, WE DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME!!!" and that's when my face went all like "D:" Seriously, i don't think i've ever worked that fast before, lol

This was one hell of a experience for me though. I have to say a massive thank you to AkumaJo for asking me to rap on the track, it was a complete honor to bring vocals to an already fantastic laid out beat!

All the best of luck with everybody in the competition, i shall be watching this unfold.

Yo, on a real note, can i just say the music i'm hearing in this battle is siiiick, man! Holy shit, you all churned out some amazingly bad ass tunes, here! O_O

Great work, all of you. Seriously.

Thank you sir! Hearing your collab with Robbie was a pleasure! It was a really fun track. I think I've only heard the one OCR song from you off the NiGHTS album, so it was awesome to hear some more stuff from you!

I'm merely a humble listener, but I just wanted to say by holding this competition and releasing the first tracks today, you've indirectly given me one of the best birthday presents I've ever had.

Thanks guys, I love your work!

Awww that just tugs at my heartstrings. It really makes me happy to see how much people appreciate this! Thanks for the comments!

Hey, I said "most" of the tracks were short :P but again, I'm used to 6-minute trance epics...

Yeah most songs were around the 3 minute mark on average, so I guess that is kind of short, but yeah it's hard to come up with a complete song in one week, let alone a "long" one!

And yeah great job everyone! This is one seriously impressive batch of songs! Now the pressure is on you Robotnik Bracket... can you guys top this!?!?

You know, the biggest problem with me really would be to try and make something even SHORTER due to my methods. Why do I feel so different to everyone else xD

But yes, heard them all now and made my vote. And I'm easily in the love boat for Akumajo's track this week; wasn't expecting him to tow a guest vocalist (or rapper?) out of nowhere, and that was pretty damn sweet! I'm just hoping that he doesn't run out of steam prior to the end of the compo, because I'm seeing some great potential :D

Might I just say, FANTASTIC WORK by all the ReMixers! I've basically spent the past 2 waking hours listening to all of your tracks and deciding on which ones to vote. Really, in terms of composition, a lot of it was very well done, and some I had a realllly tough time picking a winner...

Anyway, in pancake news, I'm looking forward to starting my remix. I won't be able to start it right away but I'll have enough time over the next week. I don't know who this Sir Jordanius fellow is... but best of luck to you! :D