SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

Who just finished their mix? This guy. I think this is my best competition song yet, can't wait for everyone to hear it :D Metal Harbor lent itself perfectly to the 90's pop punk thing, and Sky Chase wound up being a decent bridge. Lyrics were really fun to write- it's all about Sonic's decline as a franchise written as a breakup / leaving song. I can't wait to hear everyone else's mixes, and now I can listen to last week's too!

ooookkkkkk FINALLY started my arrangement tonight! That's really all I can say... I don't like how my song sounds... and that sux :(

I think it's these odd chord progressions in each song.. I mean, the bass line for launch base zone doesn't go up a nice octave, but rather hits the octave 2nd, and trying to make harmonies that sound good overtop that one note is difficult...

Anyway... I don't mean to be a poopy complainy pants. I'm still gonna do my best to bring you guys a rockin' tune! :) I have 2 full days ahead to work on this so hopefully I hit that "aha!" moment!

QFE since I haven't written a single note yet. Looks like victory is just around the corner for lady wubfire. :wink:

What are you waiting for? You were so excited to mix Dragon Road and Under Ground. Stop posting and start mixing! :)

Just to make sure I didn't miss something, Jason didn't turn in a mix for Round 1, right? I voted on everything else but I only saw one song for that matchup.

Nope, Jason didn't turn in a track, you didn't miss anything!

Yeah, Jason missed out.

Also, does anyone know where to get the 'Go' sound effect from Sonic 3? I am in need of it, because it is awesome, but I am having a hard time finding it. :-(

Make sure you're using the correct Launch Base... Enigami chose Launch Base from the PC version of S3&K, which doesn't have the GO!s like the Genesis version does... Check the roster spreadsheet for source links. Unless you just want to add GOs anyway, which is completely acceptable :)

And until this morning, I only had 6-12 seconds.

Got part of the Sky Sanctuary arrangement done, now gotta figure out how I'm gonna fit my Launch Base into it.

From listening to both themes, it sounds like they'd complement each other quite well. :smile: Looking forward to what you two (and everyone else) came up with!

Man, just a couple of days more... Excited! :smile:

And unless I happen to get 20+ votes in a row... congratulations SuperiorX! :wink:

Make sure you're using the correct Launch Base... Enigami chose Launch Base from the PC version of S3&K, which doesn't have the GO!s like the Genesis version does... Check the roster spreadsheet for source links. Unless you just want to add GOs anyway, which is completely acceptable :)

I know the version I'm using, don't worry. I just need the 'Go' sound, because it's awesome.

rip the midi, place a drum track, change the key, instant success :P

Wait, did you manage to find an actual midi for Chun Nan? :dstrbd:

I haven't written anything either, yet, and I'm not planning on throwing in the towel. Give it a good shot over the next few days and see what happens.
What are you waiting for? You were so excited to mix Dragon Road and Under Ground. Stop posting and start mixing! :)

Ahah, never said I was quitting or wouldn't turn something in. Just pointing out that wildfire had a better head start, which gives her an edge, that's all.

Besides, everyone wanna do proper justice to a song they like. In this case, both source are equally important to me, so I gotta find the right balance.

But fair enough Mr X. No more posting until my mix is in your inbox. ;P