SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

Look at you Enigami! So resourceful!

And you don't need to stop posting Mokram, I was only joking :)

I know the version I'm using, don't worry. I just need the 'Go' sound, because it's awesome.

I figured you knew what you we're doing, it was just a coincidence that the Genesis Launch Base had the GOs and you were asking for them! Carry on!

I know the version I'm using, don't worry. I just need the 'Go' sound, because it's awesome.

I ripped the sound effect from the original audio. I searched everywhere and I have no idea where else you can find it. The only way I could get it was to download the song and rip the go sound effect using Edison.

Link:

http://soundcloud.com/arceace/go-sound-effect

Hope you find a use for it!

Edit: if I figure out how to get a better version, I'll be sure to tell you.

I ripped the sound effect from the original audio. I searched everywhere and I have no idea where else you can find it. The only way I could get it was to download the song and rip the go sound effect using Edison.

Link:

http://soundcloud.com/arceace/go-sound-effect

Hope you find a use for it!

Edit: if I figure out how to get a better version, I'll be sure to tell you.

Uh... I already posted a good version of it on the last page.

Since we're on the topic of samples already, does anybody know where to get samples of Sonic sound effects, including his voice (i.e. in the newest generation of 3D Sonic games when he makes noises when he attacks)? I especially want the "Yes!" (1up sound) and "I'm Outta Here!" (when you stand around for too long) voice clips from Sonic CD.

any of you guys find a key where both melodies from each source song played at the same time works in a section of your song, but then realize once combined (and with key changes for certain notes), it doesn't sound like either of the sources anymore? Does that matter?

any of you guys find a key where both melodies from each source song played at the same time works in a section of your song, but then realize once combined (and with key changes for certain notes), it doesn't sound like either of the sources anymore? Does that matter?

I think it 's okay, as long as you can listen to the melodies and realize that they are interpreted from the source tubes. A couple of the melodies in my track are kinda liberal in my interpretations.

What matters is that both are there and fit the artist's vision. In a similar situation, when I was in the WCRG, I had no idea that I'd attempt a disco entry (a far cry from the tension of MM1 Wily 1 and the exotic feel of Plant Man) until I actually started looking at how the sources could fit together. The eye may vary from mixer to mixer, but if you've got a vision with yours no matter how much the sources sound like each other, then allow it to carry the music forward :)

I did that with my first entry of the WWRR, but the sources were still identifiable. It can be done.

k, signed in just to help you out a bit syllix (and anyone who needs arranging tips). i still haven't even started because irl stuff, but i know precisely what i'm going to do because i've thought about it long enough and i feel like our sources work incredibly well together.

production isn't my niche, but i can rearrange ideas somewhat decently once i pick up a few cues from the original source(s).

not to give away what approach i'm going to take, usually i go through this kind of mental checklist:

melody: does the melody sound lyrical, as in would it work to twist it up with vocals? does the phrasing sound like it would be delicious on a particular instrument? (for example, imo many megaman melodies naturally sound like they were designed for guitars)

rhythm: is there any implied rhythm pattern that i could work with? the thing that immediately stood out for me with our mixes (and i'm pretty sure you posted about this earlier) is that they both have an underlying latin groove (yours specifically with the conga stuff, and mine with the bass line groove). it really doesn't matter, but if you can hear hints of a specific genre it's good to use that as a starting point. (ex., again megaman tracks often give an obvious genre nod with their rhythms)

chord progressions: dude... if you're not a theory buff who can instantly recognize when a few chord patterns go together i recommend transposing the songs and time stretching them to the same key/tempo so you can analyze the parts where it sounds like the chords from source A would lead nicely into source B (dunno, i did this a lot when i was growing up and it helped me at the time). again, not giving away too many hints as to what i'm going to do, but you'll be surprised just how similar our tracks are (and besides, you'll realize that a TON of sonic songs utilize the same chord progression patterns and stuff. 8-) )

i hope it helps you finalize your ideas! peace