SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

I have 13 mixes so far. Need mixes from Gario, Sir_NutS and BlackPanther.

This is how things are going to go down. At 12pm EDT the voting closes on the Sonic Bracket Round 1. I'm going to tabulate those votes and post the next Round match-ups so the lizards can get down to mixing. Then I'll tag and upload the Robotnik Bracket Round 1 tracks. Get ready!

EDIT: Rexy - Sir_NutS said he was working on his track a few times this week (most recently yesterday in the Diablo 3 thread), so I expect he'll have something. I haven't heard from BlackPanther all week though.

It was so hard to choose, I've had all of these on loop since yesterday. This music is keeping me sane at the moment while I work on my comic :)

I really can't wait to hear what the next round brings! *exciteface*

My all-out favourite track probably has to be Seraphim Factory though... so epic.

Bloody hell, that was too close. But I can't call it, I'm not sure who was leading by the end. I know some votes will be void since certain people were not voting in every battle.

Seriously, I'm a nervous wreck right now. Swear I need to lie down after that last 10 minutes. o_o;;;

I know - I was going to go to bed, but I just couldn't do it, knowing the voting ended this morning!!!

Lol, dude either way, whoever wins our bout can I just say that has been a fantastic battle and one I wont forget any time soon.

Definitely agree with you. I'm so glad that it has been neck and neck as it makes it satisfying for both competitors :D

I remember being really surprised by Hakstock's entry. Despite the fact that it was pretty piercing frequency wise, I really dug the overall song.

Magellanic vs AkumajoBelmont round was by far the hardest round IMO. Both really good tracks in that round.

All matchups were difficult to vote on :) Amphibious and Hakstock to name but one was really difficult for me.

I remember being really surprised by Hakstock's entry. Despite the fact that it was pretty piercing frequency wise, I really dug the overall song.

Hah, thanks! I might post it to the WIP forums to fix any issues, then submit it later.

I'm pretty sure I lost this one, so congrats Amphibious!

Also, thanks to everyone who voted for me! There'll be more of me in compos to come :mrgreen:

Just wanted to post here and say thanks to everyone who voted for me and left some comments (either here or in their votes). And if you didn't vote for me, thanks for listening to my production nightmare nonetheless. :smile:

Great round, everyone, and the best of luck to all! :smile:

Ok from my tallies, this looks like the final score:

AkumajoBelmont: 32

Magellanic: 31

SuperiorX: 42

Mr. L: 21

Rexy: 38

DusK: 25

Main Finger: 34

Jakesnke17: 29

PixelPanic: 4

Phonetic Hero: 59

hakstock: 25

Amphibious: 38

Ben Briggs: 55

Xenon Odyssey: 8

Two extra people only voted in the AkumajoBelmont vs. Magellanic match-up, so their votes are disallowed. Luckily they voted for opposite mixers, so their votes cancel out and wouldn't have made an impact anyway.

Congratulations everyone! I'm going to update the bracket graphic, unless anyone keeping an independent tally notices any discrepancies in my tally. Then I'll get the Robotnik Round 1 songs up pronto! Still nothing from Sir_NutS or BlackPanther.

For sure - the close vote was really satisfying - and kinda draining. My brain hurts :P
Yeah, for real. But, hey, man, we finally got to collaborate after all these years. Who would have thought it was under these circumstances and this amount of pressure, lol. XD

Been fun running with ya, man. We should do this again sometime ...VROOM VROOM!!! :D

-edit-

OH MY GOD, ONE VOTE!!!! Hahahaha! That is insane!!! XD