SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

Yeah, for real. But, hey, man, we finally got to collaborate after all these years. Who would have thought it was under these circumstances and this amount of pressure, lol. XD

Been fun running with ya, man. We should do this again sometime ...VROOM VROOM!!! :D

Right back at ya dude! :) Was awesome fun! And congrats to Liam - one vote man, ONE VOTE! Really could have gone either way - it was a pleasure going up against you and your awesome mix :)

EDIT: All I need now are the PANCAKE-MIXES, and then, finally, I'll be able to get to bed :P

Robbie and Digi, your persistence paid off :) I know things really turned against your favor near the end, but you kept the faith and it'll be great to see what will happen in future rounds.

Now have fun mixing Tidal Tempest with Lava Reef! :razz:

Thanks Rexy! :) And congrats to everyone on such a memorable first round - I think we kicked things off pretty well!

EDIT: Rexy - I already have the perfect idea for Tidal Tempest and Lava Reef :P I may even start on it tomorrow!

Hah, thanks! I might post it to the WIP forums to fix any issues, then submit it later.

I'm pretty sure I lost this one, so congrats Amphibious!

Also, thanks to everyone who voted for me! There'll be more of me in compos to come :mrgreen:

I must say I did dig the funky treatment you gave to Rusty Ruin. It's a great style for that theme :P A good battle, sir. Hopefully we will see more of you!

Alright Ben Briggs. Whadaya got? WHADAYA GOT? (Probably a sexy mix)

Good match, Main Finger. Best of luck with the next round. Hope I get a little more time to participate in the next compo (whenever that might be). Until then, great round everyone. Looking forward to what the next matchups bring. :D

Your song was really great. Hope to hear more from you in the next compo!

Thanks, even though I have to admit your song was quite better than mine :D

Even though I voted for Amphibious, your song was definitely a close second. You should also participate in the next compo!!

EDIT: Magellanic, I meant to also add that your song was phenomenal, and I'm sorry to see Starlight Zone come to such a quick end. You need to participate in the next compo, too!

OK - Robotnik Bracket Round 1

As I said a moment ago: 14 mixes were submitted. No entries from Sir_NutS or BlackPanther, so Chernabogue and KingTiger advance by default. Enjoy!

EDIT:

SuperiorX, since my track won't be participating in the votes, is it okay' if I post an updated version of the song once my guest vocalist comes through?

Yeah sure I suppose! You could just post a link here or in the WIP forums. It won't be included in the "official" compo ZIP files though since it wasn't done on time with the rest of the mixes. Was your guest vocalist supposed to sing the chorus of your song? Cause that would make sense.

Sir nuts what the hell happened i am saddened as fuck

me too bro :-( I think Diablo ate him:

The game felt shorter than diablo 2. But I have done nothing but play diablo 3 all week. I took my time too, exploring and such, and I also played a monk till level 21 before beating it with my barbarian.

Now, time to finish that sonic song before Diablo calls me again >_>

EDIT: Magellanic, I meant to also add that your song was phenomenal, and I'm sorry to see Starlight Zone come to such a quick end. You need to participate in the next compo, too!

Thanks for the encouraging words. If I have the time you bet I'll be participating. Whether it be Sonic or Mega Man, I'll be back!!!

Hopefully Sir Nuts will submit his entry just for us to listen to anyway (and Blackpanther). Still a shame though. Just downloading the mixes now and am excited to hear the results of you badniks' work.

Thanks for the encouraging words. If I have the time you bet I'll be participating. Whether it be Sonic or Mega Man, I'll be back!!!

Hopefully Sir Nuts will submit his entry just for us to listen to anyway (and Blackpanther). Still a shame though. Just downloading the mixes now and am excited to hear the results of you badniks' work.

Yeah I just want to echo that sentiment too. Even tho I voted for Robbie, I still really enjoyed your track too, and you made one helluva comeback there in the voting at the end. Lots of suspense!

To Ben Briggs:

Congrats all around; let's see how much more awesome the compo can get!

That scene crept the fuck out of me when I first saw that movie. I should look for that VHS...

Downloading the songs now. Good thing I have campus internet when no one's around!

EDIT: Wildfire totally missed the opportunity to title her track ZWNED...