SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

While we all wait for Robbie's response, I can proudly say that arrangement-wise, I'm almost done... plus I (and I bet you're getting bored of hearing this) have a secret weapon :razz:

Ethan, you need to give up everything to save your son if you need to even consider a happy ending.

...wait a minute; he's not Ethan Mars? :tomatoface:

While we all wait for Robbie's response, I can proudly say that arrangement-wise, I'm almost done... plus I (and I bet you're getting bored of hearing this) have a secret weapon :razz:

Ethan, you need to give up everything to save your son if you need to even consider a happy ending.

...wait a minute; he's not Ethan Mars? :tomatoface:

JASOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

was what I should've shouted last round. :tomatoface:

You BEST be ready for some funk Rexy. Although I kinda forgot I was graduating this week, so it might be a short piece again.

BUT IT WILL BE GROOVY YO.

OH SNAP! Another secret weapon! We better hear some sexy funky grooves from you two this week!

Robbie's not responding because he's scared of our match-up!!!! :razz: ...That was my sad attempt at trash-talk.

EDIT: We've got quite a few super-close voting match-ups right now. Nice job Robotniks!

OH SNAP! Another secret weapon! We better hear some sexy funky grooves from you two this week!

Robbie's not responding because he's scared of our match-up!!!! :razz: ...That was my sad attempt at trash-talk.

EDIT: We've got quite a few super-close voting match-ups right now. Nice job Robotniks!

Robbie's response is here - and sadly, I'll have to bow out of the comp - I have to work an extra couple of days at work this week, and between family engagements, a baby shower, a bridal party meeting on the Saturday, Family meeting on Sunday AND trying to sort out stuff for VROOM, I haven't had any time to even touch my mix since Monday night after work. Nor have I even had time to get back to Diablo III either this week, so that's how much time I haven't had.

Sorry to let you guys down. I didn't wanna be another person to drop out, and I'm kicking myself, cause I'm still so excited about this comp.

But, priorities, y'know?

Sorry again guys and gals, and particularly to you Matt :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :( You were supposed to beat me this round, now I need to make another song in a few weeks. And I was actually curious on seeing how my song was gonna stack up to yours. Oh well, no hard feelings!

No one else better be dropping tho... Amph, Ben, Main Finger? How are you guys doing?

Yo yo, I'm workin' on mah song.

I'm realizing how terrible my lead guitar skills are and regretting going in the rock direction, but hopefully it'll still shape up decently.

Robbie's response is here - and sadly, I'll have to bow out of the comp - I have to work an extra couple of days at work this week, and between family engagements, a baby shower, a bridal party meeting on the Saturday, Family meeting on Sunday AND trying to sort out stuff for VROOM, I haven't had any time to even touch my mix since Monday night after work. Nor have I even had time to get back to Diablo III either this week, so that's how much time I haven't had.

Sorry to let you guys down. I didn't wanna be another person to drop out, and I'm kicking myself, cause I'm still so excited about this comp.

But, priorities, y'know?

Sorry again guys and gals, and particularly to you Matt :(

Does that mean Magellanic can come back?

You have no idea how hard I face-desked here.

Sure, we may have lost Robbie. But:

A) You're meant to feel sorry for him, not immediately jumping to "what happens next".

And B) That would actually be unfair on SuperiorX, whom probably doesn't want to waste any time changing all Tidal Tempest references with Star Light.

But it's all up to the contest's discretion to see what happens. I still feel really sad that I couldn't do a vocal showdown with him :cry:

No, unfortunately I don't really see how that would work out well. We would've needed to do that at the beginning of the round to be fair to both participants. Most of the other larger compos have had around 4-5 drops over the course of the tournament, so this is really nothing out of the ordinary, although disappointing sure. In each of these cases the other participant will advance by default. Let's just hope we don't have any more!

Oh ....wow. Seriously? After last weeks neck and neck battle and winning by a single vote I really didn't see that coming. In the times we spoke, Robbie was so deadset on this competition. I guess things must have really gotten that busy for him :/

Ah well, nevermind. The rest of you better be bringing the heat. Hell, bring the cold too. Bring everything and the kitchen sink.