SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

Phonetic Hero

I think this might be my favorite my round. I'm liking the hard sounds that get in your face, and then die away to the piano. The Hill Top theme does sound a bit out of place sometimes. The vocals sound very familiar; are they sampled from

Good track, and congrats on your one year music anniversary.

Hey, thanks man! I'm glad you dug it. I agree about some of the Hill Top, particularly the segment right after the bridge between the first vocal section and the next part. And.. I don't THINK the vocals are sampled from that. If it is, Xarnax has some explaining to do :P Glad you dug it though dude!

Also, let's get some more reviews goin' on. Thanks to Rex for being the first this round, I'm planning on doing some also once I listen through the mixes a bit more, but the main thing is that feedback is great for improvement :D

Also, let's get some more reviews goin' on. Thanks to Rex for being the first this round, I'm planning on doing some also once I listen through the mixes a bit more, but the main thing is that feedback is great for improvement :D

Quoted for emphasis. I didn't do reviews last round because frankly there were too many for me to leave half decent reviews. BUT THIS ROUND THERE IS NO EXCUSE

SuperiorX - I like the ambiance you bring, and the swingy beats definitely give it a chill vibe. The lead definitely backed this up. Also, fuck yeah trumpet solo. Great mix, could use a little more content, but given the week thing, it's pretty good.

TheRexAsaurus - I love that bassline. The percussion is kinda iffy, and the lead is kinda everywhere at first, but I kinda get to feelin it after a bit. The use of sfx is pretty cool. A bit short, but it was pretty dang cool.

Rexy - The flute is pretty...uh. Not bad, just not what I expected. Everything sounds great. The percussion is awesome, and I like your arrangement. At some times it sounds kinda empty, when there's supposed to be energy, which is slightly underwhelming, but overall a good mix.

Main Finger - Oh man, this lead is pretty sick. Like, dude, I'm gettin influenza from just how chill these beats are. Nice work, no real complaints, besides it's pretty dang bass heavy.

Prophetic Hero - Oh bro, this opening, nice. Oh whoa what the fudge is happening here. Is this song fast or slow??? Whoa lyrics ah. The wubs are pretty damn sweet. Oh jeez. This match-up is probably the best so far. It did take a bit to find the Hill Top, but once I did, oh man was this song good.

Amphibious - Awwwwwwwwwwww man I'm feeling some SoniCore comin on! I'm likin this a bunch-load, but I think the drums might have been mixed a bit off. The kick sounds completely dry and poppy, no real bass to it, and the snare isn't very snappy or snare-y. Like, for rock I know that's usually how it's done, but it feels over-done. Otherwise, arrangement rocks, guitars rock my poop, and it's pretty dang sick-nasty.

Ben Briggs - This is a weird reggae-chip fusion, but I like it! I love the samples of the laugh, it matches perfectly. I think more should be going on beside the lead. It feels like the lead is carrying all of the weight. Otherwise, sweet song, I'd love to more of this fusion.

Brilliant songs this run around, guys and gals! Gotta say, these'll be tough votes, but I feel confident in them.

Strange, stupid, but fun! It's safe to say that this is way out of my usual comfort zone and its probably not something I'll try again, but it's definitely going to be... interesting. We'll leave it at that for now. I'm also going to be really surprised if Brandon's song is in any sort of similar style.

Strange, stupid, but fun! It's safe to say that this is way out of my usual comfort zone and its probably not something I'll try again, but it's definitely going to be... interesting. We'll leave it at that for now. I'm also going to be really surprised if Brandon's song is in any sort of similar style.

HINT: It's a kazoo solo.