SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

Someone should make it anyway even if Brandon, AMT or anyone that competes against Brandon if he wins this matchup don't. :razz:

In other news, the guys at Radio SEGA are keeping on pimping the competition! Last weekend's Saturday Night SEGA is now available for download, and I tuned in during the second half and saw some promotion for round 2 of the Sonic Bracket. These guys really love what we're doing!

The next airing is actually going to happen on Monday night at 4PM EST, so if you got time then, go tune in and even chat with other listeners too! These guys feel so much friendlier than the usual Sonic fans, it's untrue :)

Also... even if I'm still in, my sig got changed because - you know... boss month o_O

well, first off, my job isn't that sucky. Its not luxurious by any means, but its low stress, and i get a shit ton of free time. secondly, it's not that strange to have to work on a weekend, is it? I mean, places are open and they need employees to operate.. especially if you have a slightly less-than-well paying job that offers little to no control over your schedule. that's just life. but for what its worth, I work for a chain of parking garages at the downtown mall in Indianapolis.

also, wildfire better bring da heat

Here are some quick reviews from me this week!

TheRexAsaurous: This felt very "sonic" with all the sound effects and instrumentation choices. Definitely a big step up from your first mix! The arrangement felt like it meandered a bit, but overall I enjoyed this one!

Rexy: I've come to expect super-awesome arrangements from you, and this one is no exception! Very interesting soundscape. At first I was a little skeptical how all the instruments blended together, but after a few listens I really started getting into it. Nice guitar solo appearance by DusK too! It's cool you two collabed on this one!

Main Finger: Definitely diggin the groove on this one. That intro felt a little cliche techno, but still really cool nonetheless. I really enjoyed the sound of the lead synth and some of the modulation you did with it. It really made Chemical Plant sound pretty groovy. Come on! Overall I felt there could've been a little more meat to the arrrangement, but still a solid track!

Phonetic Hero: I really enjoy the bass work on this track. That and the stutter effects work really well together. My favorite part is the piano breakdown section though. The piano and Xarnax's vocals really add another, almost otherworldly, layer to the song. Great stuff!

Amphibious: I was expecting another chill out song, but got this instead! :-) Very cool stuff! I really like how you arranged the two themes here, they flowed together quite well. The guitar was quite good too! Loved the ending too!

Ben Briggs: Not sure how to even classify this one, but I definitely like it. That laugh voice clip is pretty awesome, especially with the vocal effects stuttering into the music. For some reason this song makes me picture Robotnik sneaking around, like he's looking for something, then when he finds it, he laughs muahahahah :smile: I really like that synth solo around 1:20 too. Solid stuff again from you Mr. Briggs!

So looks like a lot of you guys are waiting last-minute to vote again! Come on, let's get on it! We have some close match-ups! Let's get some more reviews too!

Robotnik Round 2 songs tomorrow! woooooo!

Good job on the filter automation wildfire! Hee hee! I also took some advice from Mr. SuperiorX and gave my synths some "filter love" as he called it. Anyway, I need everyone's help. Basically, I'm in the fine-tuning stages right now. My song is, well... you're just gonna have to wait to hear it :P.

My intro right now is kind of lame I think so I wanted to see what some of you thought - would you mind if my intro was really stupid, but funny? I can't give any details away because I don't want to ruin it. I basically can have a short lame intro, or a longer funny one which I already have something in mind :P

Anyway if I don't hear anything I'll just have to make the decision myself. I hate making decisions :(

I also took some advice from Mr. SuperiorX and gave my synths some "filter love" as he called it.

mmmmmm mmmmmm filter love :wink: That should be the name of a mix.

In regards to your intro... do whatever you like! It's your song! Just remember comedy is subjective though, so what you find funny, others might not. But alas, so is music. Ultimately it's your song, so your choice!

My intro right now is kind of lame I think so I wanted to see what some of you thought - would you mind if my intro was really stupid, but funny? I can't give any details away because I don't want to ruin it. I basically can have a short lame intro, or a longer funny one which I already have something in mind :P

I like funny! Funny is good :D

Good job on the filter automation wildfire! Hee hee! I also took some advice from Mr. SuperiorX and gave my synths some "filter love" as he called it. Anyway, I need everyone's help. Basically, I'm in the fine-tuning stages right now. My song is, well... you're just gonna have to wait to hear it :P.

Anyway if I don't hear anything I'll just have to make the decision myself. I hate making decisions :(

I vote long & funny (that's what she said). I also think the name of the mix should be "Filter Love" but only if it's a funky sexified track.

Well, I should've done reviews on Saturday,

But it was Eurovision night - that explains the delay. >_>

So with seventeen hours to spare at this time,

Here are my reviews - embrace these sweet rhymes.

SuperiorX brought in a lovely chippy feel

And C7's trumpet solo was ridiculously ideal;

You really worked hard on your mix this round,

Even when Akumajo's efforts were bleak. :cry:

TheRexAsaurous, my prehistoric bro,

Was never afraid to put up a show.

It may take some time to get polished up,

But there's potential I see - not necessarily a cockup.

I gave it my all and I fought very hard.

And the secrets I kept, I maintained my guard.

Let me say it now Ethan, that was quite a duel

And a great way to go, my fossil fuel. :3

Main Finger's track felt really laid back

With a beat that may mistake it for Massive Attack;

I like it when he does more melodic stuff

Though Hill Top didn't appear to show up enough.

Phonetic Hero really brought in the heat,

And grabbed my attention with DAT BASS - that's neat!

With Xarnax's vocals and clearer source use,

You'll know that's a vote that I couldn't refuse.

Amphibious went through and brought up the rock

And I'm glad he did - the feel, I surely gawked!

Even though I wanted stronger textures on the drums,

There's still plenty of source weaving where that came from!

And finally, Ben Briggs jammin' like a boss;

If this was a pancake, there'd be reggae reggae sauce!

Needless to say, it didn't stick as much as Amph's mix

Whose vote was the one I gave for its tricks.

So now, Sonic Round 2's coming to an end.

Who'll win? Who'll lose? It's up to you, my friends.

If you think you're out of time, then go vote - who knows?

It took me much longer to write this bloody prose! :razz:

Yeah Kuolema that's what I'm gonna do - I'll submit the funny intro one for the competition, and then I'll just scrap the intro and upload my "regular" version on my soundcloud after :P

I'm pretty pleased with this one and I hope all you cold-blooded pancakes will like it. :)