SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

• Brandon Strader (Planet Wisp) vs ladyWildfire (Underground)

:D

I've been wanting to tackle this track this whole time, after hearing what everyone's done with it so far. And I'm extremely surprised I made it this far into the compo. Thanks to everyone who voted for me and especially thanks to halc for being such a fantastic opponent!

Sir_nutS, Ben Briggs, Halc, AkumajoBelmont, Main Finger... One by one all of the people I thought would've been favored to win have seemed to drop off of this compo. It's kind of invigorating to think that this is truly an open competition, now, where pretty much anyone can win.

Lotsa talent going into this thing, ladies and gents, let's close these next three rounds strong!

Yeah, at this point I consider myself REALLY lucky to be here. I didn't even think I'd get this far when I initially saw the Sonic bracket matchups.

At the same time though, I'm still going to fight my way through to the bitter end. I'm out to have fun, and I will be sure to keep sticking with that vision :)

Alright, scratches and grounders. The Sonic Bracket Round 3 tracks are now live!

On behalf of SuperiorX, we apologise for the failure to get them onto DarkeSword's webspace. He will have these uploaded onto their when he returns home in addition to the bracket image updates, but for now, it's here for you people to listen to and vote upon.

If anyone has any problems with the RAR, let me know :)

:D

I've been wanting to tackle this track this whole time, after hearing what everyone's done with it so far. And I'm extremely surprised I made it this far into the compo. Thanks to everyone who voted for me and especially thanks to halc for being such a fantastic opponent!

Interesting turn of events. I thought for sure AMT had this one in the bag.

Well I think I'm still going to be at my parents' house until tomorrow, the funeral for my uncle was yesterday. Not sure what's going on honestly, but I'm going to give this round a good try, and if it doesn't work out, I apologize in advance (just like I did with all the previous rounds, didn't I? I was so naive back then ^-^;)

EDIT: Oh btw here's the pic I was trying to embed before!

556893_10150876922963445_2002615387_n.jpg

Amazing what you can do with phones these days... i was able to copy the zip from my lappy to my phone and use an ftp client to access Darke's site. So the legit Sonic Round 3 zip is in the first post now.

Rexy if you're on can you make sure it downloads and sounds fine? If so you can replace the link in your post with my first post link. Thanks!

I'll test it. Awesome that you used your phone to get it up :P

Also:

[21:24] <Gavvie> will the winner of each bracket get a chance to do a victory remix?

[21:24] <Rexy> the winner of each bracket will go AGAINST EACH OTHER

[21:24] <Gavvie> try and blend all the tracks together, lol

[21:24] <Rexy> in the grand final :D

[21:25] <Rexy> there's a reason why one bracket is sonic and the other is robotnik :D

[21:25] <Gavvie> ohhh

[21:25] <Gavvie> what happens with the winner of that one? do they get a victory remix? :P

[21:25] <Rexy> nah, it stops there, though that does sound like a very amusing idea :P

Thoughts? :razz:

[EDIT: Well, there's no playlist file in the ZIP, but the tracks all run fine. I'll edit the link accordingly.]

SLACKER?! I'd been up since 6:30 AM yesterday, drove an 8 hour straight-shot, and finally was able to REALLY sit down with the mix after getting settled in indy at about 1 AM this morning. No fucking sleep... not sure how I feel about it, but it's music damn it...

just messin with you! lesser men would've quit over half the trouble! Can't wait to hear it when I get back. Thanks for all the help too!

... yes.

Syllix vs Chernabogue was very close, and both songs were great, but deep down I secretly wanted Syllix to win this round, 'cause I had some fun plans for this source. This is going to make this week very fun. Launch Base Zone, Round Two, baby. Kind of funny that this is the second time I'm going to remix this source into Sky Sanctuary Zone (I had little references to it in the first round, too).

Alright, have fun, everyone. :D

I was thinking it'd be funny if you ended up mixing Launch Base again, albeit a different version. Good luck!

[EDIT: Well, there's no playlist file in the ZIP, but the tracks all run fine. I'll edit the link accordingly.]

Yeah not able to make one, oh well. Thanks for checking, and thanks for all or your help earlier!

Interesting turn of events. I thought for sure AMT had this one in the bag.

Well I think I'm still going to be at my parents' house until tomorrow, the funeral for my uncle was yesterday. Not sure what's going on honestly, but I'm going to give this round a good try, and if it doesn't work out, I apologize in advance (just like I did with all the previous rounds, didn't I? I was so naive back then ^-^;)

Good luck sir! I hope you're doing ok!

And yeah, I just gotta echo Gario's comment earlier, this really has turned into a wide open competition. Most of the people I thought would be in the finals have already be eliminated. Definitely has made this interesting. Can't wait to see how this thing ends!

Bracket image will probably be updated Monday, but you guys know the matchups. BStrader vs. Wildfire and Gario vs. syllix. Good luck!

So it sounds like us lizards went clubbing this week.

And we somehow still distinguished our techniques;

Detroit, Manchester, Chicago and Toronto

Are blaring those tunes; let's head out there pronto!

Though we usually expect SupX to be mellow,

He sure brought the rhythms as a versatile fellow.

And yet, I'm here laughing at this very feat

That he'd do something in the same genre as me. :razz:

I also brought the groove to be sure

And had more emphasis on substance so pure.

Though I may think this matchup won't be pretty,

I consider myself mighty proud of my ditty. :D

Phonetic Hero must hate the Olympics a lot

If he's to think his track will stick out like snot.

Great instrument choices, nice fusion of the tracks,

And swave cohesiveness - he could yet go for that plaque!

Amphibious was also very brave in this race

With those thumping beats and that sexy sounding bass.

But I thought his source fusion wasn't as strong as Pete's,

Whom got my vote in this competitive suite.

And I must say, was fun hearing the tracks for round 3.

But it's sad that 2 more mixers will be debris.

Just keep headstrong, and enjoy the music flow,

And be happy that RadioSEGA's loving this show. :nicework: