SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

Certainly don't think you can relax though if you wanna beat me.

Cause, like..... What if I'm kidding? :-o

I'm not slacking! (for once...) I have about 5+ mins of stuff I'm sorta ok with. The balancing and effects came out all wonky tho, cause in FL it sounded good and rendered it sounded like poop. But that's to be expected, since each week I've experimented with some new technique I've never used before.

I'm gonna (try to) make you all dance in your seats again! :-)

im kind of sick of my source tune, but i've basically just been putting more of an emphasis on my competitors track each time (save for the first round) because it's more interesting to me. Been struggling to make something decent though this round... I hope I can pull through and make something good tho!

How's your mix going, Gario?

I have one single sound produced. It is an awesomely amazing sound, but it is a single sound, nonetheless.

It's a pretty perfect sound, though, and I bet everyone will know what that sound is when they listen to it. So my mix is coming along exactly as I planned it - rushed on the last two days, built around a very particular thing. It's kind of how I work.

I have one single sound produced. It is an awesomely amazing sound, but it is a single sound, nonetheless.

It's a pretty perfect sound, though, and I bet everyone will know what that sound is when they listen to it. So my mix is coming along exactly as I planned it - rushed on the last two days, built around a very particular thing. It's kind of how I work.

So.... you farted?

:wink:

Being made to remix Underground Zone, I can't help but get sad. And leave the computer for a while. I might as well just bow out to you now, heh. You're fighting dirty. :-P

Underground is so awesome what are you I don't even

And god, now that we're talking about it, I'm sooooo tired of Hill Top. I got several wtf-were-you-thinking's while I did my last track in Indy

EDIT: Matt, you've got 3 Hill Top Zone remixes now... can I switch if I move on? :P

Underground is so awesome what are you I don't even

And god, now that we're talking about it, I'm sooooo tired of Hill Top. I got several wtf-were-you-thinking's while I did my last track in Indy

EDIT: Matt, you've got 3 Hill Top Zone remixes now... can I switch if I move on? :P

You guys are complaining at 3? I had to remix flash man 6 times! :P

If I can save this session as a template I'll be set for life... no I haven't started recording yet. But I just loaded up, like... a ton of orchestral samples + drums +

.... still need to add LASStrings, maybe ethnic instruments, mellotron... who knows. I could load EVERYTHING. ALL OF THE SAMPLES. And then some synths!!

And by the time I'm done loading samples, the round will be over and I'll lose... but I'll have a heck of a good, well-prepared session.

Rawr! Just finished loading samples, got... a lot in there.

Gonna load some drawbar organs and synths, maybe. Don't really need the synths, honestly.

Well, that's enough work for one day. I got a monster of a session now. :-D

I'd agree that less is more, except more is more!

instruments.png

If you make the channels real skinny, it doesn't actually even look like a lot.

EDIT: The really funny thing is that I'll probably just use the band-part at the bottom... drums and guitars. :-D

Well, as expected this is turning out to be the most interesting track that I've made for the compo, so far. Interpret that as you will :nicework:.

Also, I'm not nearly bored with my source, yet. The Street Fighter compo I was getting burnt out on my choice, but this time around I have a whole lot of ideas yet to be incorporated.