SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

Oh it doesn't matter how many VSTs you use or DON'T use. Even a good MIDI card is perfectly acceptable providing you know what you're doing with it - it worked for 2 of my project tracks at least (one on Tales and another on MM9) :razz:

It's all up to what you use, Syllix. Though, it surprises me that your soundbank is pretty minimalist considering the quality of your material O_o

So.... you farted?

:wink:

:lmassoff: it's been getting mad serious in this thread the past few days.

Is anyone else getting kinda tired of their source tune? :

yeah, that shiz got old after a week... oh wait.

@Rexy: "It doesn't matter" ?!?!?!?111111?11?! according to the UN census of 2011 there is an estimate of 261,929,345.676,34.617 plugins available to the human race. life's too short to just use one vst.

naw, for real i get ya. i still haven't found my "one" yet. i might have to make it myself.

Sir Jordanius.... I absolutely think you should sign in more often because every time I read your posts I crack up!! hahaha.

And Rexy, FYI those little golden comments I get "considering the quality of your material" honestly makes my day, and is what pushes me to become a better producer. I appreciate it man. I hope I don't let anyone down! It's 1:30am and I'm still workin away at this thing! One day to go and hopefully I can give my brain a rest. And shower too. :)

No matter the outcome of this competition, once I'm out, I think it's about time I go VST shopping :D

GARIO. I can't wait to hear your mix dude!! (and all you other griddle cakes!!!!11!!1!one!!!1!7!1!!!cucumber!!!1!!)

GARIO. I can't wait to hear your mix dude!! (and all you other griddle cakes!!!!11!!1!one!!!1!7!1!!!cucumber!!!1!!)

Well, I'll put it to you this way - with what I've got now (minus the flatulence), I can safely say that if you were not on the receiving end of this track you'd enjoy it quite a lot. :twisted:

In other words, it's coming along great.

I can safely say that if you were not on the receiving end of this track you'd enjoy it quite a lot. :twisted:

Hey! I resent that! -_-

Anyway, I've changed the genre a bit in each of my tracks... the first one was electro / chiptuney, the second was... glitch-hoppy.... uhhh, yeah, and this next one...

voted. lolololol, this match up was like a wet dream compo for me, all dance tracks to get ya groove on. aw yeeeeah.

oh snap, Rexy you killed it..... I voted for SupX because i liked his bass groove and percussion work a bit more, but gawd dame, I love how you manipulated the game sfx and all the easter egg sources you put in there. legit key changes as well.

Amphibious and PHonetic's match up was close too because, imo, those are two of the most bamf'est sources in the entire Sonic series, and their production skill levels are so neck-in-neck.

I don't know if I'm actually going to have my song done in time. I have about 2:30 but the sound is too epic for the song to be so short. I haven't really repeated anything yet so I may do a little bit of that. :-o

Anyway, here's a preview:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13741915/wips/backing.mp3

This is just the backing for one heavy part.

5 violins, 2 cellos, 2 basses :-P

Even if you don't finish, you can do what I did for the FFVI compo and slap an ending on what you have so far and submit it, then finish it later. It sucks when it comes down to that, but it's better than a blank submission (despite how the submitter may feel about it, the listeners always appreciate a submission, even if it's incomplete).

Maybe it won't come to that, though - you still have one day left, so best of luck.

so i've been working on my track on the school computers. and i definitely didn't think to copy over my vocal samples to my dropbox. so now i'm trying to figure out if i can vpn into the network or if i should just scrap that idea and try to rerecord them.

ugh. dislike.

EDIT i guess i backed some of them up. so i only have to rerecord a few things. much happier now.

EDIT i'm lazy so i just imported an older mp3 into the project file and muted it everywhere except for where the lost samples were. :P

well I had to scrap the "GO" idea I had because no matter what I did, they ended up sounding like "YO" in the mix hahaha. Some friends listened and asked "yo man.. why the gangsta stuff in there?" So i had to immediately scrap it :P:( oh well

What's wrong with YO's, yo?

EDIT: nice preview Brandon! Sounds pretty epic, I hope you can turn something in at least!

EH.

The song is written (about 4:20 length) and I only have 1 more guitar solo to record, and bass guitar... but I can't HEAR THE SONG!

I loaded up so many samples and FX that it just crackles and I can't hear it.

Hmm if I disable some FX tracks it'll be listenable.

But then still, I used so much stuff it's gonna take forever to mix and master it. :-D

EH.

The song is written (about 4:20 length) and I only have 1 more guitar solo to record, and bass guitar... but I can't HEAR THE SONG!

I loaded up so many samples and FX that it just crackles and I can't hear it.

Hmm if I disable some FX tracks it'll be listenable.

But then still, I used so much stuff it's gonna take forever to mix and master it. :-D

That crackling happens in almost all of my mixes. It's like mastering the track on hard mode.

Aaaaaannnnddd...... SUBMITTED :D

Hahahah, SupX "what's wrong with the Yo's"? Well nothing really, but it was really starting to bug me so I had to take them out :( They were just whispy delayed "GO go .. go...... go's" so it doesn't really affect the song. There's still some of my "breath" in the track tho :)

Mine's all recorded, but if I don't wake up early enough tomorrow I'm gonna miss the deadline... gotta hit the bed now. I need to reamp the guitars tomorrow morning. Heck, I'll probably sleep until 10am. Then it'll be a struggle to mix it and I'm almost certain it'll end up with some glaring mixing problem that I won't have time to fix for the deadline. :-x anyway wish me luck. -_-