SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

I just want to give some MAD PROPS to both wildfire and Syllix! You two both did a great job in the compo, especially in this last round. Wildfire you took out Mokram, halc (!!) and came within a vote of beating Brandon... and Syllix you have to be the biggest "surprise" for me in the compo so far. You were all like:

Yes... I am a remixing n00b! Never done a remix before but I think it's going to be a lot of fun!

in the beginning of the compo and then you went on to defeat Sir Jordanius, Chernabogue, and then came seriously close to beating Gario. Great job man! I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

Just in general, I've been so pleased with this tournament. Everyone has done such a great job and has been so excited & involved. It's been a blast to watch how the competition has unfolded. Thanks so much everybody!

Pfft, no you don't - you could always not submit and give me a free pass.

Very close round for the two of us though - I was sweating bullets all week.

You gots a free pass anyways, I don't feel like making technos and you're probably gonna make some upbeat fast technos like you always do, and you'll be a shoe-in for the victoly. :-o Good ruck anyway I guess? Eh just have fun with it, that's what I'd do. :-P

You gots a free pass anyways, I don't feel like making technos and you're probably gonna make some upbeat fast technos like you always do, and you'll be a shoe-in for the victoly. :-o Good ruck anyway I guess? Eh just have fun with it, that's what I'd do. :-P

Ehhh, I'd say anything is possible. Gario's upbeat fast technos very nearly got beat by Syllix's not fast not upbeat not technos this past week. Plus Brandon, you could go all "Sweet Wet Nectar" on us and beat Gario at his own game :razz:

Gario - you son of a gun! Gratz on the win dude! Seriously nail biting for sure. I try so hard not to check the voting until the last day, but it never works :P Great battle between you and I I'd say :)

To everyone else here, not just those in the competition but those who have been following the competition, listening, voting, and posting, thank you so much for making the past 6 weeks or so of my life a blast! As SuperiorX mentioned I was a n00b to remixing and I have to say I was surprised I made it as far as I did, going up against people like Chernabogue and Sir Jordanius. I really enjoyed this comp - it's opened my mind up a little more, I've experimented with new techniques I never used before, and I've made more bloody music in such a short time frame than I have in the past 3 or so months! Seriously a great and fun experience, and for sure I'll be sticking around and hopefully participating in more competitions in the future. *tears*

Thanks everyone! And best of luck to the 4 remaining competitors :)

Now uh... which way do I leave the stage?

Surely you can still vote in future matchups even when you're gone? :)

And you really handled it like a champ. To think you were all "dang, I can't do this" when you found out about Sir Jordanius, it shows how much tenacity you had when going into it, and really fought hard to the end. That's very impressive of you, and I hope we get to see your skills keep growing over time :D I'll definitely be keeping a hold of your stuff on my iPod rotation.

Holy wow Amph, I feel like I'm a-gonna float away while listening to your track. Nice, nice sex work (typo, but WAY too good to change) Xenon! :D

Rexy ur drums r suk

Haha, I am glad you enjoyed it. I'm thankful Xenon was able to pull together a quick recording after such short notice! I just needed a sax for that section, a synth lead wouldn't do it justice.

You guys may think that it's more your kind of song, but in my defense, on last night's Saturday Night SEGA...

[23:09] <ShadowRemix> Rexy will win!

[23:09] <Mtwinny> Rexy or riot.

[23:09] <xylter> Rexy awesome job

[23:09] <@SonicRemix> We're rooting for Rexy!

[23:09] <xTrickyWolfy> Yesh!

01[23:09] <Rexy> wow, I appreciate the kind words of confidence :D

[23:09] <xTrickyWolfy> ^__^

Even SNS host Gavvie was behind me on the air - the support from Radio SEGA and Sonic Radio that night was really positive :D

In addition, last night was also the Sonic Fan Music Festival over at Sonic Radio (in which SNS was broadcast there as well), and "Magma on the Dancefloor" was the third most popular track submitted for it! (First and second were occupied by .mp3"]a couple of .mp3"]TSS Music Album tracks.) The top 20 countdown only had 2 OCRemix based tracks in the list - that one of mine, and Ichitootah's Balloon Park track for Project Chaos.

I was even told that "Hogtied" was suggested by 30 people but didn't quite make the top 20. Makes me wonder exactly how MANY asked for Magma, then :o