SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

Yeah, but can Lepre do the epic metal growl that you're looking for? :razz:

Either way... I am LATE on the Robotnik Round 3 reviews, I know. I'll have a clear head when I get home tonight, and then I will do them.

She may be able to, I bought her album and it has some great screaming on it.

Can Wildfire do growls? :-P

Can you, for that matter? :-P

I seem to remember your growls being a result of.... MASSIVE COMPRESSOR USAGE AND BURRITO CRAMPS

I saw a couple of tweets about it on Twitter through a couple of the RS personnel. I say if there are future Sonic based tourneys (and I'm pretty sure I won't be taking part in another tourney for some time after this), we should get them to vote more often, especially considering how much they've been following the whole thing (not to mention LOVING Akumajo's and Gario's works even after their respective rounds are over).

Either way, why did I put this off until now? >_>

So... first of all, Brandon Strader. Opting for a tasteful choice of barbecue pork on his pancake, cooked very well done may I add, though he seemed to have taken a hint from one of wildfire's earlier conflicts and added a hint of soy sauce for a more unique delicacy. There may have been a bit of ease on the key ingredients here, particularly just a little light on the onions, but he makes up for it with all the tender care with the roasting and the right balance between tickling tastebuds and adding punch. The fusion even worked to the point that just when you thought the whole experience was over, the oriental fusions add in a very sudden aftertaste that wants another craving. He really outdid himself this time!

I admit, I have been critical of Wildfire in the past two rounds, but she does know how to offer a more gentle delicacy that can be proven more unique as time goes on. The fusion skills have really been coming on a lot better too - in regards to arranging the ingredients, I say that this is her best attempt. :) The fusion between chilli pepper and sour cream was VERY well balanced, and with her own personal womanly touches she gave it a more blissful setting. Needless to say, the presentation isn't quite as sharp as Brandon's, which made her just lose out for me this time too, but all in all I have to say it's a pretty strong effort.

And on the other side of the kitchen, Gario took a hint from AMT earlier and integrated some serious bass into his pancake this week. Though, it wasn't intended to be blended with his choice of apple sauce, but more as being used INSIDE the pancake mix - what?! We didn't say you guys are omelettes!! >_> But it all turned out for the better as it added a quaint element and added to the appeal of the servering itself. Maybe the bass was a little undercooked and could've been easily filled up a bit more, or maybe there could've been more elements of it WITHIN the apple sauce, but as it is it provided the vibe factor of the round.

And finally, Syllix. Somehow he went away from the fiery formula that worked well for him in the past two rounds, and went for a more delicate chipotle dressing to accompany his choice of bell peppers this week. The fusion worked that well that they literally shift between each other and equally compliment the laid back nature it had going for it, and with the right identification, we have a work that flowed really well, showed Syllix's growth as a chef, and had a lot of heart into the layout. It won me over Gario's in the end, but by a hair - it was a great round between you both, and I hope he keeps up the progress in the future.

And there we go... Robotnik Round 3, finally covered - nice work all. And it'll be interesting to see what happens when Brandon and Gario come together; let's see how it all goes :)

Wow, there are a lot of brand new people voting this round, and they're all voting for Rexy.
There was maybe 1 name I didn't recognize.. there really should be a lot more considering the coverage this compo got on Radio Sega etc.

I think orlogue82 might have just meant that there are a lot of new people voting on the compo this round, not necessarily new to the forums. I checked and there are 2 brand new forum users (as in just registered today or yesterday) and 4 people overall that haven't voted in any previous round. We've also had a few people rejoin us that haven't voted since the beginning. I'm a little surprised because interest in tournaments like this does seem to wain as they go on since fewer people are participating, so it's good to see some renewed interest as the competition nears the finale. I hope we have a strong finish!

Brandon's right. Lucavi had been supporting Brandon since the beginning, so surely there was no malicious intent. We'll get this resolved.

That's not the point, the point is posting stuff like that is a real downer for the people he's not rooting for. I'd be pissed if I was in Gario or Amph's shoes. And hell, I'm still a little pissed on their behalf anyway. Everyone who's made it this far has more than proved themselves to be talented musicians, and the rounds are totally up in the air. "Calling it" is basically saying there's mixers who are clearly better than others competing, and that's just not the case here. And even if it WAS the case, it's still a dick move to rub it in someone's face.

There's been a lot of beating around the bush, but I'm just shooting straight. "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all," to quote everybody's mother

I mean, come on guys... nobody wants to be undermined. And that's ALL that's been going on lately. I'm sick of it. Everyone who's being a poor sport, knock it off. It's a competition, we're here to be pitted against each other. But we're here to be pitted against each other FOR FUN, not to shit on each other. Cut it out

I'm not playing to win, I'm just playing to play.

Learn something from Brandon