SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

That's exactly what I said, but he thought that "Don't Be a Crepe" was this compo's equivalent.

Though to be fair, with the use of Paul McCartney, I thought that was more like the compo's chiptuny brother of "Vampire's Kiss". ;)

Don't be a crepe was one of the best songs made so far.

Oh, don't feel too sad. I may be eliminated, but I'm actually working on something to ease the tide, and it'll show exactly how much fighting spirit I still have (not to mention the handful of requests I had received regarding this case).

Besides, guess who actually picked up Sonic Colors for £15 at Argos on Tuesday and will actually get around to playing it this weekend? :razz:

I'll also have my pancake reviews up tomorrow as well. They WILL be in before the date is due. >__>

Brandon.... not you too ;__;

Alas, it was a brave fight til the end there as well. Brandon did proud with Planet Wisp, and it was his movements with it that inspired me to go for Sonic Colors to begin with. Shame he couldn't take it all the way either, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

I know, late on the reviews again. But I will have something for you guys that may want some more Planet Wisp love within the next few hours... especially Lucavi :razz:

Lucavi did. I bet he won't even vote next week for that reason, but oh well. :?

[EDIT: Guess I'll finally chip in with my pancake reviews, even though I'm late.

Brandon's serving... actually made me cry this week. I like it when someone's able to dip into a more primal aspect of character and draw out something more sentimental. That said, definitely liking the extra raw onions on there - nice touch. The additional use of greens and ground pepper had definitely done a lot to bring in the hippie 60s vibe brought into it, and I definitely was feeling it. Only concern though was that there wasn't as many air bubbles in the concoction as I would've liked (sorry, a huge Sky Sanctuary bias ^_^*) but all in all it's definitely a solid effort.

Gario had a lot to top for me though. Amusingly, using a poetry collection as opposed to a proper cookbook somehow seemed to pay off; a moist serving that definitely frothed well, with the increase in flour definitely paying off. The pepper also worked well to add a light sizzle to it, so great combination on the sources there, though again it didn't appear to have as much of a presence as the other. It's a very weird combo to what i'm usually expected to taste, but it definitely worked in Gario's case. Even though I was more at heart with Brandon's, I hope you'll make the pancakes proud this time next week, my man. :)]

Another super-close round there ending out the week:

Brandon Strader: 14, Gario: 15

Great job to both of the Robotnik Bracket finalists, both of your songs were great! Good luck now to our participants in the finale! Hold nothing back, pull out all the stops, for THIS IS THE FINAL BATTLE:

AMPHIBIOUS vs. GARIO

Holy crap.

Although, both Brandon AND Gario voted for Gario.

Also, Brandon, it's not constructive to dissect every single voter's reason for voting a certain way. You're just going to scare people off.

Well, thank you for breaking my posts orlouge, because I can finally link this into the thread.

Yes, that's EXACTLY what I would've done in the event that I would come against Brandon in the final. I'm kind of sad that both of us didn't make it, but in the end, I received a lot of requests to get something like this done, and I hope this will make the Wispy fans proud... especially Lucavi :)

And now... time to bugger off and make a music video for it.

Also, Brandon, it's not constructive to dissect every single voter's reason for voting a certain way. You're just going to scare people off.

Well, the votes are public and people are stating their reasons for voting the way they did. Not much to dissect there. If they get scared off that's probably good, it'll whittle the results down to just the honest voters.

Well, the votes are public and people are stating their reasons for voting the way they did. Not much to dissect there. If they get scared off that's probably good, it'll whittle the results down to just the honest voters.

"Honest voters??"

The vote was too close for me to decide. Next time, should I just say that your mix was the inferior one?

Besides, I voted the same way as you did. You obviously agree that your song was inferior to Gario's, unless you're not one of these "honest voters" that you seem so fond of.

What is this horse shit. This has to be rigged. This is rigged worse than the votes in Florida during the Bush campaign.

That's what everyone probably thinks that's what I would say but in honesty, it was a close battle on both accounts and predictions can either be right or wrong. if they were right 100% of the time they wouldn't be predictions.

One vote either way and BS voted for his competitor too. It's probably for the best because "Don't be a Crepe" was the hump point for BS in this comp, haha.

"Honest voters??"

The vote was too close for me to decide. Next time, should I just say that your mix was the inferior one?

Besides, I voted the same way as you did. You obviously agree that your song was inferior to Gario's, unless you're not one of these "honest voters" that you seem so fond of.

He didn't really want to keep going. He's been complaining about what he'll do if he wins.