SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

You obviously agree that your song was inferior to Gario's

Do you really think I voted for Gario because I don't like my song?

I was being a good sportsman, that's all. Up to this point all of the pancakes had been voting for their opponents, not because they thought their own song was worse.

Usually both people would vote for themselves and those votes would cancel each other out. Voting for the opponent and having those votes cancel out is a nicer way of doing things. :-P But it also leaves an opponent open to get double points.

The votes were a tied so it was ultimately down to superiorX's choice of remix, nothing fixed there. personally if garios lyrics were more audible i would of picked his due to the style preference but the inaudible lyrics clinched it for me.

and rexy that mix is awesome, remember its about the music :3

i just got back from summer of sonic and met Digi briefly (killer2099 on twitter,) :3 i swear i heard a couple of these tracks being played but it might of been my imagination.

definitely heard a lot of project chaos songs.

Keep up the great work guys all the fans love what your doing ^_^

Just wanted to drop this in here real quick.

I was at the UK Sonic Convention yesterday and they had a segment of the show called 'Club Sonic' (or as i like to call it, the Sonic Rave) which was exactly as it sounds. For 40 minutes they bump all kinds of Sonic related tunes and let the fans just rave like crazy.

Ben Briggs 'Trash FM' and Main Fingers 'Seraphim Factory' both got played within the mix and i've never seen such a crowd jump like that. I'm waiting to see if anybody actually got decent footage and audio from the thing and if i find any i'll link it here.

People were chucking Sonic plushies everywhere, hands were waving, the shit was craaazy! XD What a party, man!

Anyways, due to all the NiGHTS into Dreams related news going on recently i've been involved with that so i'm going to have to catch up with the rest of the competition when i get a free moment or two. Hope all is well with you guys :) ~

I was at the UK Sonic Convention yesterday and they had a segment of the show called 'Club Sonic' (or as i like to call it, the Sonic Rave) which was exactly as it sounds. For 40 minutes they bump all kinds of Sonic related tunes and let the fans just rave like crazy.

Ben Briggs 'Trash FM' and Main Fingers 'Seraphim Factory' both got played within the mix and i've never seen such a crowd jump like that. I'm waiting to see if anybody actually got decent footage and audio from the thing and if i find any i'll link it here.

That's awesome! I'm glad people are enjoying it so much! If I host another Sonic compo in the future, which I have a feeling I will due to the popularity of this one (and if I do, it would probably be a yearly thing, much like DarkeSword's Mega Man compos), we'll have to coordinate ahead of time to hype this thing to the greater Sega/Sonic community. That way we can get more people involved from the get-go in a more proper/formal manner, whatever that may look like.

Well, thank you for breaking my posts orlouge, because I can finally link this into the thread.

Yes, that's EXACTLY what I would've done in the event that I would come against Brandon in the final. I'm kind of sad that both of us didn't make it, but in the end, I received a lot of requests to get something like this done, and I hope this will make the Wispy fans proud... especially Lucavi :)

And now... time to bugger off and make a music video for it.

I was going to suggest Rexy and Brandon face off for 3rd place, but Rexy has a huge advantage in that she's 1) already worked on such a piece, and 2) it kicks ass. The opening segment (pre-voice clip), in particular, was just beautiful.

I was going to suggest Rexy and Brandon face off for 3rd place, but Rexy has a huge advantage in that she's 1) already worked on such a piece, and 2) it kicks ass. The opening segment (pre-voice clip), in particular, was just beautiful.

A 3rd place faceoff would've been very cool to do, though even then we've seen Brandon's track record for his wins being "oh ffs I have to make a new song" (!), and even then, Brandon didn't want to fuse the two themes mostly due to other commitments.

I still had a handful of people including Brandon himself suggesting that I fuse our sources together in a whatif-type scenario, and I feel really moved by the resposnes over it :) Thank you!

I may have been silly about seeming like I didn't want to make another song, the only time it was REALLY true was for this last round, so it's cool that Gario won. But I had a ton of fon with all of my other entries and I'm actually really proud of them, even the less refined one, and I plan to fix it and have it be presentable. Each new one I made I loved more than the one before it, so it all came out good. :-)

Ya'll can do whatever you want now, but Iiiiii'mmmmaa done!

I was thinking if anyone has made any significant revisions to their compo songs (like KingTiger's "Ruined Puppet" with re-done vocals, or my OCR-sub version of "Pyroclastic Tides" come to mind) or any "bonus" compo-inspired tracks (like Rexy's new song she threw up here), if you want to send them my way or let me know, I can include those as "bonus tracks" in the final zip file I'll upload which will include all the compo music. Anytime in the next few weeks should be good, just let me know!

So Amphibious and Gario, how are your songs coming? You guys are making epic final round songs I hope? :mrgreen:

Mine's starting to move nicely. If I get it done on time, and everything comes together correctly, it will be the best song on the compo, from me. That's a big "if", though - things aren't easy to keep up this pace with. I want to end with a bang, so here's hopin'!

Mine's starting to move nicely. If I get it done on time, and everything comes together correctly, it will be the best song on the compo, from me. That's a big "if", though - things aren't easy to keep up this pace with. I want to end with a bang, so here's hopin'!

I'm feeling the same about mine. I've had to work a lot this week but its certainly coming along nicely, so here's hoping I get 'er done and do it justice.