SZRC - The Sonic Zone Remix Competition 2012

SuperiorX

Yeah I understand what Ben is saying - most times I do just say the person's name, but this time wanted to say a little extra as it was the last round (as I enjoyed reading them myself during the rounds I was in), but in no way would I call it a review - still I made sure to bold and color the remixer's name I was voting for, but I still understand Ben's thoughts on how it's the principle of it - just put the remixers name you vote for, anything else to say there's a thread for it. Live and learn, will do so next time.

And Brandon, the fact that Gario has some nice thoughtful words for his votes as opposed to just "Amphibious" are because, well, them fellers (or ladies) were just following the rules and putting the name. Actually, sometimes I really wanted to a say a little something when voting, but ended up just putting the persons name instead, but didn't have time to go back to the thread and write more of a review, or didn't feel like making a quick thread post just to say "tough choice... really close battle, but I'm going with," so I think that's another reason why some people like saying stuff when they vote. As long as people aren't silly and make sure to put the voters name on a separate line and bold it, I don't really see the harm.

If it's more than 5 words then it's a review. Get that shizz out of here.

So "Tough choice, I'm voting for remixer 1" counts as a review?

Amphibious' track is better balanced and better produced than my mix. My mix has a playful vibe to it, a more interesting arrangement (imho), a collaboration with the other mixers that I've had the pleasure of competing with before (even if it was just to help me get samples, most of them did help me in one way or another), and it pulls a Beethoven's 9th by mixing motives from the previous tracks (often directly).

Mine sounds impressive on paper, but Amph's track really is considerably better mixed and balanced than mine. It's a pretty fair trade-off - if he wins then it'll be well deserved. I didn't take the final round sitting down myself, though. :grin:

It's funny that most Gario votes if not all are accompanied by a thoughtful set of words and reasoning behind the votes (I wouldn't go as far as to call them a review, that's a slap in the face to reviews ;-)) and the votes for amphibious are just "amphibious"

i thought my vote counted :U personally as i said i love both mixes but amphibious just hit the right notes for me.

Lucavi. I'm not one to throw any form of anger anywhere, but shut the fuck up.

Beth's track was excellent, and even better, she did it out of the goodness of her heart.

Don't be a dick, I've put up with your remarks this whole competition because I'm a pushover, but for the love of god, stop being a jackass.

xoxo

Love Tuberz