Dust update (ft Radiowar)

Theophany

My film Dust is currently in the running for IndieWire's project of the week. These polls are typically decided by just a few votes, so I really need all the help i can get. The voting is simple, it's one click, no registration needed. Getting project of the week would mean a great deal of exposure, and having a chance at project of the month. Please take a second and vote for my film if you can. We are currently down by just 1 vote.

http://www.indiewire.com/article/vote-for-project-of-the-week-will-it-be-god-granny-dust-or-masculinity-femininity

Thank you for reading.

FINAL POLL RESULTS:

Maybe God is Talking to You 10.07% (294 votes)

Granny's Got Game 30.46% (889 votes)

Dust 37.38% (1,091 votes)

Masculinity/Femininity 22.1% (645 votes)

EDIT: The article just got posted yesterday. Check it out!

CONGRATS TO "DUST", INDIEWIRE'S PROJECT OF THE WEEK

Just an update: You guys literally saved us yesterday. Right now we're in the lead by 36 votes, but the poll is still going on. With a whole day to go, anything can happen. We had a lead of 100 votes yesterday before it completely evaporated and I posted here for help. Thank you again to everyone who has helped so far, it's made a huge difference. If there's anyone who can still cast a vote, it just takes one click!

Vote for Dust here: Voting ends Monday, 11AM Eastern time (8AM west coast).

Thank you.

Zircon, mak, thank you. This is getting really close...

Granny's Got Game 28.97% (581 votes) <-- winning

Dust 28.92% (577 votes)

Masculinity/Femininity 28.2% (554 votes)

Keep voting guys!!

EDIT: Updated poll. We're in 2nd place again D:

EDIT2: If anyone feels like blasting this out on facebook or twitter, every single vote makes a difference....

You know it's kinda tough.

My vote is for this reason: I think you guys are really creative and are out to tell a story. While Granny has a big sentimental value, and seems like something that I might even be interested in watching, the same w/ M vs. F... I kinda feel that both of those are more riding on the "wonder" element, a research thing that I think people will probably end up seeing one way or another.

Your film however, you can tell it's something that took a lot of creativity and spare time. It's riding on itself, a ton of work by a lot of people... And honestly I think movies today, especially movies that have a real story to tell, are super hard to find... Basically, Hollywood is in creative limbo, and we should really support artists that are trying to break that mold, even when they are doing it out of their own pockets. So you win.

You know it's kinda tough.

My vote is for this reason: I think you guys are really creative and are out to tell a story. While Granny has a big sentimental value, and seems like something that I might even be interested in watching, the same w/ M vs. F... I kinda feel that both of those are more riding on the "wonder" element, a research thing that I think people will probably end up seeing one way or another.

Your film however, you can tell it's something that took a lot of creativity and spare time. It's riding on itself, a ton of work by a lot of people... And honestly I think movies today, especially movies that have a real story to tell, are super hard to find... Basically, Hollywood is in creative limbo, and we should really support artists that are trying to break that mold, even when they are doing it out of their own pockets. So you win.

Thank you. It is tough, I agree... They're all great projects. And when people see Dust I think a lot of them automatically think we're a big budget project and we don't need any funding or exposure. The truth is our core team is just 4 people and everyone who worked on the film, including the actors, did so on a volunteer basis. We built all the sets ourselves and spent our earnings to film in Japan because we knew that's what the project needed. We've been working on Dust for almost 5 years now. I feel like we need exposure more than the other projects, mainly because we have an uphill battle in terms of showing people why we need their support and why our goal is so high on Kickstarter.

The development of Dust took years, but it's a process that's still going on... even when we were filming in Japan, we were still revising the script and adding details to the costumes. We do have a lot of great footage, but there is so much more we want to show which cannot be done without the extra funding on Kickstarter, like the creatures/animal species which actually play a huge role in the story and have special meaning to the characters, and drive the story as a whole. We want to continue developing the world of Dust and transforming the footage to better show that world, until the film and story are as good and clear as we can possibly make it. It has been a continuous cycle of the story inspiring the art, and the art inspiring the story.

So to everyone who has voted in this thread, it means a lot to me and everyone who has worked on the project.

THANK YOU and don't stop spreading the word!!

LET'S GO TEAM DUST!!

EDIT: @ Proto, thank you dude. @ DragonAvenger you rock!

Woaaahh you guys are killing this!! You guys are awesome!!!

Granny's Got Game 29.46% (688 votes)

Dust 31.78% (742 votes)

Masculinity/Femininity 26.72% (624 votes)

Guys, this is a serious lead we have now! I'm signing off for the night, but if you're still awake or overseas, please show some love, vote, and keep sharing via facebook and twitter. This has been a huge turn around and I'm truly grateful to everyone here who has shown support for my project. Voting ends at 8AM here on the West Coast, and 11AM over on the East Coast.

Vote for "Dust" here and check out the website for more on the project.

Granny's Got Game 28.97% (765 votes)

Dust 35.97% (950 votes)

Masculinity/Femininity 24.08% (636 votes)

I'll update with the results first thing in the morning!

Hey everyone! The poll results are below:

Maybe God is Talking to You 10.07% (294 votes)

Granny's Got Game 30.46% (889 votes)

Dust 37.38% (1,091 votes)

Masculinity/Femininity 22.1% (645 votes)

I just want to say that if anyone feels like contributing to the other projects, the links are below and they could use your help:

Maybe God is Talking to You

Grannys Got Game

Masculinity/Femininity

As for Dust, we will be updating the film's Kickstarter page with new vignettes about Ember Lab and the Art of Dust. The latter will include an interview with Eoin, a concept artist at Riot Games who did many of the character and creature concepts for Dust. With any luck, Riot may be internally promoting the film before the campaign is done. If you haven't checked out the project already, you can find out more about the world of Dust at: www.dustthefilm.com

If you'd like to keep up with the project, all updates are sent out through our facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/dustthefilm

A vote for IndieWire "Project of the Month" will be coming up in the next two weeks. The competition will likely be even more fierce, so if any of you would like to support Dust, please like us on facebook, follow us on twitter, and spread the word. Having people who are already connected to the project will make all the difference when it's time to get the word out and vote. I'm not really much for promoting things or trying to get people to vote on stuff, I barely promote my music outside of posting here. Dust is different. I want to do everything I can to make sure it gets the exposure and support it needs. Right now it looks like Project of the Month will be posted on IndieWire during the last day or two of our campaign. If we win, it would be a huge push that we will no doubt need in the final hours. To everyone here, you've been a massive help and I'm grateful for your support. Much love & respect.

@Larry Thanks... feels good man :)