OCR01395 - Artura "Dublin Delight"

djpretzel

The game itself sucked, but the music was among my all-time favorites. And this remix, well, it's just weird (like many other remixes, actually): It's that same great song I know and love, just completely different. And everything still fits together perfectly.

I just love this thing.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

If I hadn't been told this was a video game theme remixed, I wouldn't have known! What a truly wonderful gem this is! I hadn't listened to this remix because I tend to only listen to games I have played, and this incredibly well-put arrangement has changed my opinion on that.

This is just all-around goodness, folks! I feel like I'm in another country... in another era...

This is what music is all about. Thanks for this remix!

Edit: The lyrics are genius! :D

• 6 months later...

ahahahaahahahahahahhahahah

this is just amazing. I usually don't listen to remixes unless I am familiar with the source. The problem with that, though, is that I miss out on glorious little gems like this one. Makke is awesome.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Every acoustic instrument holds its own and contributes to the festive mood at just the right times, like the galloping clops during the chorus and the claps during the "ya da da" slurfest. The story fits right in - it sounds like something travelers can relate to, I eagerly await what happens next, and it even has a twist in the end.

Sweeps me right off my feet.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Among the most memorable mixes that have graced the site. I haven't heard this in many years, and there wasn't a single day of those years that I wouldn't have been able to recall this tune, thanks to the infectious, upbeat catchiness of its melody and production.

And as good as the music is, I think the writing is just as stellar. Everything about this mix seems customised to the utmost of its Celtic potential, and it just oozes personality and fun because of it. I don't think it's a stretch to say that EVERYONE has fun listening to this, and that very few people will immediately forget it.

Fierce contender for my favourite vocal mix on the entire site, despite its length and novel approach. It makes it work, and makes it work scarily well.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01395 - Artura "Dublin Delight"