how does he do this?

so ive been trying to make glitchy and skippy remixes for some time now but its very painstaking. i heard this song from one of my fav artists but does any one know how he gets some of the effects in as what equipment hes using? is it a turntable or something cause i cannnnnot figure this shit out thanks

lol skrypnyk you would know your mallow remix is sooooo good i love that did you use a real turntable for those effects like on the drums at the beginning or what

heres a remix i did of some old ass 80s song out of touch but i want to know if i can get the drops and stuff to sound droppier by hand its hard tol explain but i did everything by hand like all the skips i did and i am trying to see if theres a fatser way to do it or something like that

http://soundcloud.com/fresherflyyerdoper/out-of-touch

i also know i am not a "real" musician but im trying to put this sound on as many songs as I can and any help on effects would be appreciated thankkkkks guys

There is an audio unit plugin called livecut which seems to work pretty well for this glitchy stuff. This style isn't exactly my forte so I don't know what plugins are about but I know this one sounds alright to me, although it does produce the cuts randomly so each play through will be different.

http://mdsp.smartelectronix.com/livecut/

Hope this helps!

thanks for the advice guys i tried dblue glitch but that was too much trouble but i will try live cut i just cant dblue glitxyh to do effects on the start of measures

I don't know if this is the problem you're having or not, but with Sonar and possibly with other DAWs, Glitch by default will just automatically cycle through the effects you set up and won't follow the sequencer playback -- if this happens, you need to go into the DAW's VST setup options and set Glitch as a tempo-based effect to make it work properly.

Yes. You start playing the record, then wail on it with drum sticks while recording.

lol i know its not that but legit does anyone here use a turntable and if so what kind of sounds can you get out of it? I am into turntablism but I dont know anything about the equipment so any help would be coool