OCR01398 - Guardian Legend "The Legend of Lightning Larry"

djpretzel

Very sexy guitar, almost makes me want to wet my pants. As DJP stated in the write-up, the added little guitar effects fit perfectly into the song, too, never completely distracting the listener from the melody, but never floating around in the background making you think "Wtf? Was he just looking for extra stuff to put into the song?"

=)

~NeoDestiny

Wah-wah-wow! That was some firece guitar bending there! Blast of Lightning Larry, becomes face lift for unsuspecting listener.

There's something about his track that really reminds me of those Anime series intro tunes. It's like rock and roll, but fun and funky, every once in a while they say something in English like "Lucky, lucky"...

I think I've been staying up too late watching "Berserk"...

Regardless, raging remixer, resume rock-n-rolling regularly!

Respectfully,

O

M

I have to say, this mix sounds like something that would be play in a B movie's sex scene where they're having really aggressive sex. I'm talking meet a girl inside a club, hit it off and suddenly you're in the back alley lifting up her skirt and you're both violating each other.

In other words, this mix is hot shit. I totally dig it.

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

zyko's work is usually plain old "interesting" to me, but this one really gets me driving. In the night time. Lots of really cool things were done with this song. Don't let the slight muddiness turn you off. Listening to all the details completely nulls any "muddiness" (which adds to it in some cases...or maybe the whole case).

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Intro is pretty nice, and lulls a bit, so when the song kicks in, it sounds extra energetic. The layered guitars are great, and overall its a good mix, but I am not digging that explosion near the end. Ouch!

Some of the guitar tones themselves are kindof thin, but when there are like a hojillion guitars rocking at once, that's the only way to do it.

Sounds like the bass is live too, which is a gift to us all.

Good mix, nice phrasing. :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

I've always loved this song, and still do - I have a soft spot for The Guardian Legend, it's such a great game and had some great music. It was too hard for me as a kid, but I still loved it.

This song is heavier on the bass side than I remember, but it's a great listen - nice and rolls along. I still listen to it every now and then because it's such an enjoyable rambling song, and one of many zyko songs I love :) .

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01398 - Guardian Legend "The Legend of Lightning Larry"