Project M: Version 3.0 Releases Dec. 9th!

The Derrit

if there is an ocr Project M Project going down i definitely want to be a part of that

YES!! Everyone should quit being all "TAKE MY REMIXES, TAKE MY REMIXES" *cough*protorockzovian*cough* and promote a community album of *brand new* material instead. It'd be fun and totally badass

On a different note, "ProtoRockZovian" sounds like a cool collaboration name..

YES!! Everyone should quit being all "TAKE MY REMIXES, TAKE MY REMIXES" *cough*protorockzovian*cough* and promote a community album of *brand new* material instead. It'd be fun and totally badass

On a different note, "ProtoRockZovian" sounds like a cool collaboration name..

Now we need an album director.

Someone turn on The Damned signal

Now we need an album director.

Someone turn on The Damned signal

If we get 4-5 people that I know are capable of getting music made, I'm willing to coordinate and serve as a point person -- I certainly play my share of Project M, and have since some of the devs showed up to a local MN event some time ago.

Here's a question for the developers: In the ideal world where OCR is doing whatever you want, what would that be?

I see these stages as in need of new music because they're new:

WarioWare Inc. -- needs a Wario Land 3 mix to accommodate Wario's new aesthetic

Dracula's Castle

SSE: Jungle

Fourside (not technically new, but new music for this Melee stage would be nice)

Temple: M -- probably a Skyward Sword mix? I know that this stage is due for a graphic overhaul of some kind in the next build.

N64 Stages would be fun to include new music on also:

Hyrule Castle 64

Saffron City

Kongo Jungle

Lastly, because it's mostly competitive Smashers that are playing, we should probably include new tracks for both Battlefield and Final Destination. (in before Fox only FD only no items etc)

That's 10 tracks total, a manageable small project. I'd love it if the devs would let me know if they are interested in something like this -- I am willing to bug lots of people if you guys are up for it.

I see these stages as in need of new music because they're new:

Dracula's Castle

SSE: Jungle

Fourside (not technically new, but new music for this Melee stage would be nice)

Temple: M -- probably a Skyward Sword mix? I know that this stage is due for a graphic overhaul of some kind in the next build.

Hyrule Castle 64

Saffron City

Kongo Jungle

Battlefield

Final Destination

This sounds great! Also:

Dreamland 64 - Smash64 stage, could probably get away with the generic Kirby music already there but..

Fountain of Dreams - Lots of room for cool stuff here. Melee's song was fantastic, but we've currently got some Brawl tracks that really don't fit well on the stage.

Temple: M As you suspected, we've got plans for an aesthetic overhaul of this stage bringing it in line with Skyward Sword's overworld. So think of it as music for Skyloft. 8)

I'm still talking with the team about agreeing upon a cohesive and sound plan, but if you guys want to take some initiative with this, feel free! (And it sounds like you're already doing so.)

Edit: Something I forgot. Please make the songs loop. I briefly detailed the limits of Brawl's looping functionality here.

And thanks for everybody chiming in to let us use your stuff! I'm going to snoop through some tracks in my spare time and mention anything that sticks out to the team.

Edited by Shadic

This sounds great! Also:

Dreamland 64 - Smash64 stage, could probably get away with the generic Kirby music already there but..

Fountain of Dreams - Lots of room for cool stuff here. Melee's song was fantastic, but we've currently got some Brawl tracks that really don't fit well on the stage.

Temple: M As you suspected, we've got plans for an aesthetic overhaul of this stage bringing it in line with Skyward Sword's overworld. So think of it as music for Skyloft. 8)

I'm still talking with the team about agreeing upon a cohesive and sound plan, but if you guys want to take some initiative with this, feel free! (And it sounds like you're already doing so.)

And thanks for everybody chiming in to let us use your stuff! I'm going to snoop through some tracks in my spare time and mention anything that sticks out to the team.

You heard the man....

Can it be album tiemz, plox?

Seriously though, someone PM me if this happens

Edit: Because Brawl's music engine is amazing, feel free to start working on whichever stage / track you want. If we get two mixes, they can both be used!

Updating just to keep us current, and to bump the thread once :P

If anyone is seriously interested in taking on one of these tracks, by all means start it. Even if the dev team only gets one or two original tracks, that's better than nothing!

Anything for notes in the stages that need tracks below is my suggestions, but certainly not a requirement. I'll step in as temporary director at least long enough to determine if getting this done is viable. It's going to be up to all of you at this point though -- make music! :P

If anyone makes solid progress and wants to present a WIP to someone, PM me and I'll have a listen, critique, and pass it onward as needed. Similarly, if anyone is feeling extremely passionate about leading this project, PM me that also and we'll chat.

Dracula's Castle

SSE: Jungle -- A remix of the Brawl theme by Uematsu would be sick

Fourside

Temple: M -- Skyward Sword mix, as the level will be remade with SS in mind

Fountain of Dreams -- IMO a Kirby and the Amazing Mirror track would work outstandingly well here.

Battlefield

Final Destination

N64 Stages -- epic chiptune mixes? (Note: Link is epic, but not 64 music)

Hyrule Castle 64

Saffron City

Kongo Jungle 64

Dreamland 64

Edited by BardicKnowledge

Might I also ask/suggest that if more people than tracks want to mix and provide solid mixes then they will be taken as well? Not only would it be cool to have a remixed soundtrack, but it would be even neater to have two or so tracks to choose from à la the Brawl soundtrack, provide there's enough interest.

Just for the record, some devs mentioned specific songs they'd like to see used for Dracula mixes:

Heart of Fire(Aria Of Sorrow)

Beginning

Dracula's Castle(Symphony of the Night)

Slash(Rondo of Blood)

Dance of Illusions

Hopefully not micromanaging you guys too much!

Just for the record, some devs mentioned specific songs they'd like to see used for Dracula mixes:

Heart of Fire(Aria Of Sorrow)

Beginning

Dracula's Castle(Symphony of the Night)

Slash(Rondo of Blood)

Dance of Illusions

Hopefully not micromanaging you guys too much!

not at all, if we're gonna do this we might as well do it how you want it right?

note: thread topic changed to Project M: Awesome game, OCR Project?!?!

I'm definitively interested in making 2 or 3 tracks for this, especially for Dracula's Castle. :)

Do the tracks need to loop?

Yes please. That's actually something fairly important that I neglected to mention.

We can set custom loop starting points, as in:

Imagine the following:

A----B--------------------------C

A is the start of the song, and C is the end.

We can set B anywhere we want, as a custom place for the song to loop to after reaching C. That's all, though. No codas or anything fancy.

Yes please. That's actually something fairly important that I neglected to mention.

We can set custom loop starting points, as in:

Imagine the following:

A----B--------------------------C

A is the start of the song, and C is the end.

We can set B anywhere we want, as a custom place for the song to loop to after reaching C. That's all, though. No codas or anything fancy.

Okay, I see. It shouldn't be complicated!

I have projects stuff, a compo and finals on my plate now, but expect something soon. :)

N64 Stages -- epic chiptune mixes? (Note: Link is epic, but not 64 music)

Hyrule Castle 64

Saffron City

Kongo Jungle 64

Dreamland 64

Dude, just... just use this, if epic chiptunes are what you're looking for

I can holler at Ben and halc, I'm sure they'd be stoked to have their music used. And this is seriously one of my favorites of theirs, ever, and it's even a Smash Brothers mix, technically

I do not have time to read this thread at work, but I absolutely would love to help write new remixes for this awesome awesome awesome mod

just wanted to express my interest in the general idea... I'll get down to reading this whole thread later tonight :D

and also what Phonetic hero said.

Edited by Benjamin Briggs