Project M: Version 3.0 Releases Dec. 9th!

The Derrit

@Shadic: My question is whether we should submit our mixes to ocremix, or if you were starting a project that would encompass all the submissions?

its my opinion that if a mix wouldn't be up to standards (at least in production quality) that it wouldn't be good enough to submit to a large scale production like this. but that doesn't really answer your question

• 2 weeks later...
@Shadic: My question is whether we should submit our mixes to ocremix, or if you were starting a project that would encompass all the submissions?

Feel free to send it to BardicKnowledge/myself. He's doing some central organizing of everything I believe, and I could show any WIP stuff to the team to get some feedback.

While you're welcome to submit to OCR also, be sure to get Shadic or myself a copy via PM here. The submission process to OCR takes a significant amount of time, and only accepted submissions are made public -- both of which run counter to the goal of getting the P:M dev team music tracks on a timely basis.

• 1 year later...

Got to play a test build yesterday with a PMBR (Project M Back Room) member and it is really shaping up. 2.6b is a blast but some of the new ideas they've got on the table are going to blow your mind. Of course, Roy and Mewtwo feel awesome!

This thread hasn't been updated in a while, so here's an example of one of the new things coming to 3.0:

It legitimately is amazing. One of the best parts about having Project M up is that several of the Brawl characters were designed as floatier, so there's now a much higher variability in characters' movement styles.

Also, since 2.5 they've cleaned up a TON of stuff and all of the new characters feel melee-natural now. Before there were a few that really didn't but they really came through. Ivysaur for life.

Throw in the fact that you don't have to mod to play it and I don't know why I'm not playing it right now.

edit: first post updated with info

Edited by The Derrit

• 1 month later...
man check out the alt costumes they posted on the project m twitter

BYkKmG2CEAAb6WT.png

OnaUQqJ.jpg

Ohh myyy gooooosh that's her dark queen costume from Paper Mario 2.

Edit: watched the video, and HOLY CRAP THANK YOU I WANT MELEE SAMUS IN BRAWL OMG. Seriously, as a Samus player this makes me so happy. I really disliked how slow and clunky Brawl Samus was (probably made that way to make people play as Suitless). She looks nice and fast and dangerous at close range, with side-rolls/crawls and a grapple-slam that looks so easy to do. The slam was harder in Brawl, but man it was easy and so useful in original Melee.

Edited by Annie Felis

• 3 weeks later...
This is coming out at some point today and literally no one on this entire website is excited

That's because the 2.5 release, which came out around the same time last year, ended up coming out at 6AM EST on the following day, and this time isn't looking to be any different.

the melee characters that were good like fox/falco/captain falcon etc. feel exactly the same as in melee now. i confirmed this when i switched to the melee falco skin and every thing felt and looked literally exactly the same. a ton of people have alternate costumes now.

the new challengers are a lot of fun too. i'm really having fun learning how to keep track of pikmin with olimar.

i was just playin level 3 cpu's with pikachu in turbo mode and already im like this mode is completely FUCKED

i havent tried it yet but it seems like moves autocancel on contact so could you theoretically pick fox and hit someone's shield then just keep pressing down b down b down b down b down b

Actually, it is real but you need to do 2 different move. So with fox you would down a then down b. You repeat this until on ground then cancel for a smash up.

The turbo mode let you cancel any move for a different one. Jumps count as a move. Also, projectile don't count as hit so you can't cancel moves with your own projectile.

Edit: By the way, I'm happy with the change for game $ watch. I used to own in melee with his moveset. So I'm back to pwning. I also liked the changes made to wario and rob. Those 3 are my mains and they got better move.

And luigi in turbo mode is a killer.