Project M: Version 3.0 Releases Dec. 9th!

The Derrit

Hey everybody - this is Shadic from the Project M Back Room. (As in - I'm a developer.)

Glad to see people seem to be liking the game! Derrit's first post was actually one of the reasons I'm over here - We're actually looking for possible fan-remixes to put on our stages, so that we're staying away from copy-written IP from big companies.

If anybody has some good ideas, especially for Castlevania, or any of our other added stages, let me know! I'd love to ask the artists if we can use their awesome music. The main difficulty would be getting certain songs to loop, but hopefully we could figure something out. :)

And if you have any general questions about the game, let me know.

I pretty much abandoned brawl and I doubt this(or anything) will get me back into it, but it's good to see the fans making good efforts to fix this broken mess of a game. Odds are against this becoming mainstream for tournaments because of it being a hack but hopefully it will garner some support

Then again who knows, the URC was just disbanded so Brawl is actually seeing a lot of good news recently...

I pretty much abandoned brawl and I doubt this(or anything) will get me back into it, but it's good to see the fans making good efforts to fix this broken mess of a game.

If you liked Melee, try out Project M. It's far closer to Melee than Brawl.

Edited by Shadic
I accidentally a word.

Hey everybody - this is Shadic from the Project M Back Room. (As in - I'm a developer.)

Glad to see people seem to be liking the game! Derrit's first post was actually one of the reasons I'm over here - We're actually looking for possible fan-remixes to put on our stages, so that we're staying away from copy-written IP from big companies.

If anybody has some good ideas, especially for Castlevania, or any of our other added stages, let me know! I'd love to ask the artists if we can use their awesome music. The main difficulty would be getting certain songs to loop, but hopefully we could figure something out. :)

And if you have any general questions about the game, let me know.

BOOM mission komprete

Falco_Screenshot_SSBM.jpg

In Brawl Vault, they already have several OCRemixes looped almost perfectly. Some soundtracks they've looped include, but is not limited too:

The Sound of Speed

Project Chaos

'The Doomsday' has an excellent loop, and I use it for 'Green Hill Zone' The only problem is that The volume is just too low.

Loving progress BTW. Link and Snake are well-done, Mario is great, Ganondorf is back to his fighting prime. I have serious issues with Toon Link though. I understand that he has to be an homage to Link (64) and Young Link (Melee), but that doesn't mean that his Recovery have to be on par with them. Toon Link was great in Brawl because his recovery was one of the best in the game. Now its worse then Link, and that's saying something. Link (Project M), on the other hand, has an impeccable recovery now, and is actually useful. But Toon Link did a complete role reversal T_T

Anyways, keep it up guys. I'm glad Project M is attempting to collab with OCRemix. Its gonna be sweet :D

Awhile back, the Xenotones (harmony, audio fidelity, nonsensicalexis, bustatunez, drumultima, and I) were working on an irish folk mix of Bloody Tears awhile back. We never really did a final recording, but if that's something you guys might want to use, I bet I could get the band interested and we could get it knocked out pretty quickly.

As for any of my other mixes you may wish to use, feel free (though since most of them are collabs, you'll have to ask my partners-in-crime as well).

Or, if you want to make it a more official thing, you might try contacting Liontamer or djpretzel. I'm sure they'd LOVE to make a community soundtrack out of it.

Edited by Geoffrey Taucer

Or, if you want to make it a more official thing, you might try contacting Liontamer or djpretzel. I'm sure they'd LOVE to make a community soundtrack out of it.

If something like a remix project for the game were to happen (probably not, but if so) I'd totally freaking do a remix for it almost instantly.

I love Smash Bros, Smashboards, and Melee. I might actually start going to some Project M tournaments around Atlanta if any are held. Haven't touched the games in a while, but I love playing competitively in community with other people much more than online (since none of my friends would probably be willing to play something like this.)

Can't wait for this to be released. Good luck smashboards/allisbrawl/whoever else involved in this.

Awhile back, the Xenotones (harmony, audio fidelity, nonsensicalexis, bustatunez, drumultima, and I) were working on an irish folk mix of Bloody Tears awhile back. We never really did a final recording, but if that's something you guys might want to use, I bet I could get the band interested and we could get it knocked out pretty quickly.

As for any of my other mixes you may wish to use, feel free (though since most of them are collabs, you'll have to ask my partners-in-crime as well).

ZOMFG YES COMMUNITY SOUNDTRACK

I'd be SO down for that

I am all about getting an official OCR album done specifically for this project, that would be awesome.

You guys have done really great work on this -- I've been following since you showed up to UMN's Teh Pwn Gaming Slumber LAN with an alpha build of v2. Keep up the great work, and I'm looking forward to when even more characters are finished!

Feel free to use any of my mixes, where appropriate. :D I have most, if not all the original plugins and samples for them, so making them loop or touching up sounds design and mixing shouldn't be a problem if you want improved versions. If so, or if you're interested in my unfinished mixes from the characters' games, get in touch. :D

btw, every character and their associated game worlds, designs, melodies, all that stuff is IP and under copyright. Every remix here can be pulled by the original songs' rightsholders. Just because we've made a new arrangement and have a new performance and new stuff in them doesn't give us unlimited rights to them. Just wanna clear that up, even tho you seem to just refer to the original music assets when you said "copy-written IP".

btw, every character and their associated game worlds, designs, melodies, all that stuff is IP and under copyright. Every remix here can be pulled by the original songs' rightsholders. Just because we've made a new arrangement and have a new performance and new stuff in them doesn't give us unlimited rights to them. Just wanna clear that up, even tho you seem to just refer to the original music assets when you said "copy-written IP".

Really? I'd figured that it was case of fair use - like Weird Al Yankovic. And we're not even selling it.

Anyways, I haven't gotten a chance to look through too many remixes yet unfortunately, been busy developing and all. I'll talk to the team and we'll try and find some remixes to look into using. We're mostly looking for new songs on stages that we've replaced.. At least for the time being. :<

A few of the songs we're looking at haven't seem to be fairly old though. Hopefully it's possible to talk to people who submitted remixes last decade.

Edit: Either way, I'm talking to the team a bit more on this one, so we should soon actually have an exact idea of what we're looking for! Thanks for all the support you guys have already shown, this is is awesome. Hopefully we can make Brawl's frighteningly-huge soundtrack even better.

Edited by Shadic

On the way-off chance that Inspector Gadget is added down the line, use this mix here:

I didn't have a Gamecube, so the major differences are unfamiliar to me (yes, I play using the Wiimote). However, thank you for getting rid of Wario's bike, Rumble Falls, and New Pork City. I DO miss Mario Bros. classic stage and DK's classic stage. So far, Project M is goodstuff. I haven't tried the wifi friendly version yet.

Anyone else? How's it handle online?

And please bring back Mr. G&W's parachute :(

I miss it.

That's basically it. With this there is essentially a modded version of Smash Bros for every kind of fan out there.

Brawl+ is for people who liked Brawl, but wish it was a little more like Melee.

Brawl- is for people who love random silliness.

Balanced Brawl is for people who just wanted a balancing patch for Brawl.

And Project M is for people who wanted a direct upgrade from Melee.

Now everybody's happy and there will never be another flame war, ever, for the rest of our days!

Really? I'd figured that it was case of fair use - like Weird Al Yankovic. And we're not even selling it.

Anyways, I haven't gotten a chance to look through too many remixes yet unfortunately, been busy developing and all. I'll talk to the team and we'll try and find some remixes to look into using. We're mostly looking for new songs on stages that we've replaced.. At least for the time being. :<

A few of the songs we're looking at haven't seem to be fairly old though. Hopefully it's possible to talk to people who submitted remixes last decade.

Edit: Either way, I'm talking to the team a bit more on this one, so we should soon actually have an exact idea of what we're looking for! Thanks for all the support you guys have already shown, this is is awesome. Hopefully we can make Brawl's frighteningly-huge soundtrack even better.

Just dropping in to say if you want to use any of my remixes, you have my permission. Good job with this and keep it up!