OCR02421 - NiGHTS into dreams... "Panzer Nightopia"

djpretzel

I love this remix! It's a superb opener to the "Lucid Dreaming" album, and I'd say my favorite from it overall. It has such a great blend to it; spacey but western, or some form of "steampunk sound". I don't really know how to describe it, but it reminds me of the TV show "Firefly", for what that's worth. I'm unfamiliar with the music of "Panzer Dragoon", but from the end result here, I'd say the combination of the two very different games and game musical styles worked to perfection. I'll be checking out Panzer Dragoon music next because of this mix, so thanks MattInc!

I have no idea what's with the lack of new mix reviews lately, but as I believe this deserves more than that I'll give my thoughts.

This is mostly the type of sound that I like to hear n' make. There's remarkable stuff like tribal and electronic influences, but there's also a few other elements that add to the feeling it gives - not to a specific genre. So what do I feel here? Mystery, suspense, like the beginning of a journey, just as it was intended to be.

Me likez!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

NiGHTS is recognizable in just about any way that it's used, and being blended with some Panzer Dragoon style arrangement that makes it sound a little adventurous is a cool idea to say the least. The little bits of electronica along with the piano is fantastic and I can see what the others are saying about this having a bit of a Firefly vibe. Great idea here.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02421 - NiGHTS into dreams... "Panzer Nightopia"