OCR02423 - Battletoads "Ice Cave Dynamo"

djpretzel

What a pleasant surprise! I love the source tune, familiar as I was with the version from Digger T Rock, Cavern 6, rather than the Battletoads version (both David Wise, both very similar themes).

This is a really slick and "chilled" (hohoho) remix, with some really nice beat textures and smooth synths. More David Wise remixes please!

• 2 months later...

Well, this is a bit of a changeup for Joshua here - the emphasis on the beat is stronger in this more electronic funkish take than a lot of his other tracks. It's still an enjoyable listen. In particular, I like the transitions between the beat-centric portions with the more smooth grooves you see with the keyboard led funk. The interplay there keeps me engaged and sets up the song for bigger things.

Solid song by Morse as usual!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ah, classic Morse with a little more funk (which is incredible), a little more ice appeal, and a little more electronica. Great beat, nice variations as the ReMix went on and overall, very strong production from what I could hear. Four on the floor, but five out of five.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02423 - Battletoads "Ice Cave Dynamo"