Name: Garrett Oden

Username: Hooblah2u2

User ID: 48370

Email Address:

Ezio's Passion

Game Arranged: Assassin's Creed 2

Name of Arrangement: Ezio's Passion

Name of Original Song: Ezio's Family

I've always thought the theme to Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood was wonderfully epic, so I decided to attempt to emulate it. I ended up adding some of my own and taking some out and then added the drums - my obvious weakness. All in all, I believe it came out better than expected - but that doesn't mean much coming from an inexperienced programmer. For Ezio's Passion to be featured on OCRemix would be an incredible feat, thus I am willing to alter the arrangement at all if necessary. However I understand if my skills do not reach an acceptable level yet.

Thank you very much for your contributions to the video game and remix communities.

--------------

• 2 weeks later...

Loving the intro, sets a very good mood here. Overall the arrangement isn't too far from the original, but there is definitely a lot of personalization. In the end it might get a little repetitive with the chorus going over the same riff constantly, but I think there's enough going on elsewhere to keep things interesting.

Production is a mixed bag. The opening sounds fine to me, but as things go on it sorta goes downhill. The strings that come in at :44 sound pretty stiff and lifeless. Adding some vibrato will help, and humanizing the parts a little will definitely make things better. Same can be said for humanizing the guitar at 1:18. And again at the strings at 1:35...you get the point. I'm not trying to be rude, but the mechanical sequencing is really making things feel unorganic. I'm going to suggest going through the whole track with a fine-toothed comb and see where you can add that human element in.

The flute that comes in at 2:10 feels like it's in a completely different room setting than the rest of the instruments. Adjusting it to have it fit with the rest of the soundscape is definitely recommended.

I'm definitely a fan of the arrangement overall, and think it's got a lot of promise, but the production aspects absolutely need to be aderessed before I can give this a pass. I really hope you send it back to us!

NO (resubmit, please)

I definitely agree that things are too mechanically sequenced the strings and choir in the areas where they have the main melody especially, but other minor things as well, like the piano arpeggio would sound much improved if the velocities were more humanized as well.

I think the arrangement is pretty good, though it drags a bit. The reverb is a bit heavy on some of the drums meaning they arent as punchy as they could be, which lessens the big crescendo at the end.

THis has promise, I encourage you to continue to refine it. :-)

no, please resubmit

Yeah, it's already been said, but this is really mechanically sequenced, making the track feel very stiff and unrealistic. Samples are a mixed bag for me. Some of them are working (choir, some of the strings), others would do better to be replaced like the guitar at 1:19, mid strings (violas?) that come in at 1:36.

I'd add that it would be a good idea to also look at the spacing & reverb levels for your various parts to make sure they all gel together cohesively. For example, at 2:11 there's a really dry, upfront flute part, which is backed by reverbed parts, which makes it sound pasted on top.

Once you've got that under control, see if you can take a look at some of the mixing & balance as some areas get pretty crowded with all of the elements playing together with the reverb - mainly from 3:03 to the end.

Arrangement-wise, this is on the conservative side of things for sure, but I can hear where you've made additions and some personalizations. I'd like to hear more along those lines if possible.

You've got a good start here, so keep at it.

No, resubmit please