OCR01400 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "It's My Turn to Dream"

djpretzel

Chthonic is one of my favourite mixers... and this track is just another example why i dig his mixes...

There's not enough pop-style remixes these days... i'm an advocate for good pop music, and Chth knows how to create great pop-style mixes... in this case, really lush pop-trance. Everything sounds fantastic... the leads are really nice, and everything sounds fantastic.

Excellent work dude... this has been on daily rotation for a while, and will be for a long time yet.

Props :D

One of chthonic's best, and it's been one of my favorites for months now, since it came out on VGMix. We need more stuff like this up here - keep up the great work, chthonic, you're looking to bypass DarkeSword and Prophecy if you keep this stuff up.

Only complaint is that it should have been longer, but as a non-remixer, I'm not sure if that would have made it too repetitive or if it would have been too difficult to accomplish proffesionally. Either way...

Next mix should be 5+ minutes. Especially if it's this damn good.

Uninteresting, shallow, nothing particularly original. I would classify this one under video-game elevator music.

Of course, you'd have to be really lucky to ever hear this one in a dentist's waiting room, since this remix will surely drift into permanent obscurity in about a week's time. Sorry but it's true :P

Uninteresting, shallow, nothing particularly original. I would classify this one under video-game elevator music.

Of course, you'd have to be really lucky to ever hear this one in a dentist's waiting room, since this remix will surely drift into permanent obscurity in about a week's time. Sorry but it's true :P

Yes. Your opinion is true.

I'm not going to bitch at you, but it tears me apart to see you describe a work of art that I created as shallow. It just feels like you are completely missing everything I put into this piece of music and dismissing it because it is electronica. I could be wrong.

Sorry to dissapoint you. I will try harder.

-chth

P.S. Playful smilies do not make your words nicer.

Actually, most elevator music is some form of contemporary or classical song and has a well thought out and complex flowing arrangement. So, "shallow" as an adjective and "elevator music" as a noun are usually mutually exclusive.(Everything has its exceptions) If you're going to insult something, please try to make sense.

Also, when using the normal connotative format for the loose genre concept "elevator music", it typically brings to mind something peaceful and unobtrusive, not low quality. Once again, think about what you say next time before you say it. Thanks in advance.

You suck! :P

:D:):lol::wink::mrgreen:

Seriously though, those are some harsh words. And your opinion is SO true, you know, when you don't back it up with anything but nicer words for "this sucks".

Learn teh constructive criticism skillz. They rawk.

Anyways, this is great stuff as per usual chthonic. The AE reference made me smile.

Yes. Your opinion is true.

I'm not going to bitch at you, but it tears me apart to see you describe a work of art that I created as shallow. It just feels like you are completely missing everything I put into this piece of music and dismissing it because it is electronica. I could be wrong.

Sorry to dissapoint you. I will try harder.

-chth

P.S. Playful smilies do not make your words nicer.

No, i actually got everything you were trying to do in this piece. It's just not very exciting or original to me. But that's just my opinion. I like your older works. So yes, next time try harder just for me. :P <-- Doesn't make my words less harsh, yet imparts a subtle feeling of well-being.

I think it sounds nice. The electronic drums did a very unique justice with the ethnic percussion, didn´t boring. Fun of synths, also enjoying some hippieistic concepts at 02:13, playing an indian banjo or whatever. Very creative arrangement too. Overall, chthonhtnithic did a very interesting effort with this hot shot!

Please, get yourself nice and do a forum search for a user named chthonic.

I love listening to game music. especially the stuff here on ocr. Unfortunatly i have no ability to make any myself, as my skills in that department are severely....lacking. However I know what I like, and I've liked alot of Cthonic's stuff, including this one(I can't wait to hear the finished version of "To The Summit"). Most usually find their way onto cds I make for driving music, and this will no doubt be one of those. The song drives me and its something I like listening to that gets me pumped, especially when I play games listening to songs like this (which i most often do). Its not "elevator music" by any means and definetly not shallow and unorginal, especially considering how more orchestral, sorrowful(in a way, especially when you see whats happening during the sequence its playing) and slow the original song is. This remix is the opposite and is an excellent remix in my opinion, at that.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01400 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "It's My Turn to Dream"