OCR01400 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "It's My Turn to Dream"

djpretzel

Wow. I love this song.

The fading that goes from :17 to :27 is a nice touch. It reminds me of the music from The Princess Diaries when Mia's getting made over.

At 1:04, love the Zelda theme intrance, and the transition back to the Ballad of the Wind Fish theme.

But at 2:04, I don't really like the way the instrument (forgot what it's called) carries on for a couple measures. But at 3:13 when it ties all together and adds a new section to the peice, it makes it all better.

Not too fond of how it ends, but it's okay.

Overall, I love it. Listing to some of cthonic's works, I'm used to his use of electronic-ness. Keep it up!

• 1 month later...

This is what I have been missing. I love the pace of the song anf the mix of the different tunes. Ballad of the Windfish remains to be a strong and favorite part of this for me. The sound of it in here just works. Just think of a moment that I found this track when searching for songs that featured one of the other tunes that were put in this.

I love this song. More than life. honestly... it's put together so beatuifully. cthonic has moved up to one of my favorite remixers as of this mix. Even if you dont like the mix so much, you can at least spend time listening and picking out the different songs in it. <3

Words can not descibe this mix. It is everything Zelda:LA music can offer to it's finest. At first I had no clue what it would be like when I started listening. Then oh the ocarina the beutiful ocarina that explains everything! From there on I just knew I was in for a treat, and I proved myself right. *Gives cookie to cthonic* cookies for only extremely well remixes like this. (>^_^)>@

Words can not descibe this mix. It is everything Zelda:LA music can offer to it's finest. At first I had no clue what it would be like when I started listening. Then oh the ocarina the beutiful ocarina that explains everything! From there on I just knew I was in for a treat, and I proved myself right. *Gives cookie to cthonic* cookies for only extremely well remixes like this. (>^_^)>@

It's a good thing my head decided not to explode while reading that, or else I wouldn't have noticed that it was a compliment.

-chth

• 4 weeks later...

I love it. First of all, I thought it was just another remix and then I actually sat down, concentrated on listening to it and I was bobbing my head uncontrollably. I feel like I'm standing atop a cliff with the wind blowing in my face, picks me up when I'm down, now that's what I call a good remix, and talent!

• 2 weeks later...

My initial appreciation for this song extended only as far as I was pleased to find a piece that, I felt, remained the truest to the Ballad of the Windfish, the tune I thought most exemplary of LoZ: Link's Awakening. As I listened to it more, however, and added it to a playlist of my favorite Legend of Zelda songs by OCR mixers et al., I found that its complexity was what was most appealing: multiple layers, each that complimented each other, held together with a melody that is just superb.

As a rule, I have never been a fan of diverting from a single piece, single game, in the hopes of not taking on too much without doing justice to each individual piece. In this case, I was willing to overlook that, as chthonic gives minimal regard to sticking to even a single series. (The Metal Man Theme reference, for example)

As for the ending, while it does not, say, satisfactorily round off the piece as a whole, it leaves room for a nice transition into, in this case, Theophany's Aquescent Symphony. And when making a playlist, I would argue that the transition between the pieces is equally important as the pieces themselves.

Overall, it is one of my favorite OCR LoZ ReMixes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is definitely one of the better Link's Awakening mixes.. I've always loved the Wind Fish Ballad and it's a nice take on it with the heavy synth and bass that I love much more than Influence of Koholint. What really spiced it up were those little cookies contained within.. you listen and go 'omg that's Metalman!'.. the others were more subtle and only picked them up after listening a few times. This is a rockin mix, excellent work.

• 1 month later...

This is one of my favorite remixes I have in my collection. Because whenever I listen to it, I feel like I'm in a club or something, it's got such a great beat, a beat that you can like dance to haha. I really love this mix, and can stick it on loop for hours on end without it ever getting old.

Edit: I totally reviewd the wrong Zelda song! Go me :P

Well, I might as well give my two cents on this then. This mix has a great bass-line, interesting synth lead line, and excellent panning and arrangment among other things.

I definetly reccomend it.

• 2 years later...

It may simply be due to not having received any subs for a while from Ben, but this is a guy who hasn't gotten his due yet as being one on OCR's most talented members.

I voted on this back in the day (naturally), but the strength and energy of the arrangement, and the top-notch production are simply unmistakeable. I was surprised reading those old 2005 posts by some of the more outspoken/blowhard critics, as I had totally forgetten about their comments. Not worth the time they took to type 'em. :lol: I certainly hope we hear more from Ben.

• 7 months later...

Neato! So much more futuristic than this Zelda was in its time but in a really cool way. I really like the echoing between L and R stereo since it caught me off guard (plus you didn't over do it). Overall, truly complex and kept me well interested throughout.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01400 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "It's My Turn to Dream"