OCR01401 - Castlevania III "A Clockwork Vampire"

djpretzel

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

This song really grows on you after repeated listenings. I mean it was great from the get go but over the last few weeks ive been listening to it and all I can say is Amazing :-o

The youtube video is nice but the echo's and lower quality dont do it justice, Listen to the MP3.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The unhurried pace of the first source playthrough hints at the delicate thoughts and emotions it covets. Then, as if to throw them out the window, the second iteration morphs into a perilous yet poetic simulation of the Clock Tower falling apart (or maybe it's just Trevor quickening his footsteps on the stairs). The intensity pulls back at just the right moment in Vampire Killer (2:14) before ramping back up with an extra helping of tense bass notes (2:29) and closing with a final tease of Clockwork.

Bag or no bag over head, this is a cheeky little romp.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh wow. I feel like I got a "two for the price of one" remix. This is a really interesting because of the mood and tempo changes; it's like the entire mix is a whirlwind crescendo. First half is melancholy and well paced, then the chaos seeps in giving it a panicky, hurried feel, which as an immediate prelude to Vampire Killer seems so deliciously appropriate. Needless to say, this is an awesome mix.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01401 - Castlevania III "A Clockwork Vampire"