Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

Usa

The SPC-format soundtrack is here. Get chipamp or (if you're on mac) Audio Overload to listen.

These tracks are, if my notes are correct, free:

116 Oh I'm a Flamelet

301 Can You Fly Sister?

307 Black Soup

314 The Sacrifice pt II

319 Return to Forever

These are covered in multitrack remixes, old remixes, or they're tracks we're not sure the remixer is still working on. Also free to take:

113 Damn Damn Drum

205 Female Turbulence

219 Obsession

305 Weird Counterpoint

311 Religion Thunder

317 Farewell Song

You're impurfekt from the seikens board, right? Did I invite you to the project? I know I was gonna. If not I must have forgotten. Yeah, you're welcome to join.

(updated tracklist is on the first post, not gonna update the one in this post)

--

Today was a good week... I mean, I got a bunch of wips in, some of which are really close to finished. And here we have another contributor. :D

And for some reason I keep saying the project is moving along _slowly_. :D

Excellent. Now I can have a listen. Yes, I'm on the Seiken forum too. My Mana EP is coming along. My wait now is from the other two artists. One is nearly done, the other I have not heard from. Seems everyone is having a very busy summer!

I will listen to the available tracks and stake my claim if I am inspired!

Everybody's doing Innocent Sea. :P All right, they're yours. Focus on Return to Forever, tho. ;)

We're going for a kind'a non-electronic overall sound, so if you were planning on something unts unts beep beep, show me an early version and I'll let you know before you've gotten to far whether it'll work on the project. We do make occasional exceptions when we think the track will work with the others.

FF4 had everything and the kitchen synth, we've got a more narrow focus. Drop me an early version by email or PM or something so I know what you're going for and I'll let you know how it'll work on the project.

Everybody's doing Innocent Sea. :P All right, they're yours. Focus on Return to Forever, tho. ;)

We're going for a kind'a non-electronic overall sound, so if you were planning on something unts unts beep beep, show me an early version and I'll let you know before you've gotten to far whether it'll work on the project. We do make occasional exceptions when we think the track will work with the others.

FF4 had everything and the kitchen synth, we've got a more narrow focus. Drop me an early version by email or PM or something so I know what you're going for and I'll let you know how it'll work on the project.

Well I just saw the list of what wasn't taken and listened to them all :) I will do as you suggest and focus on Return to Forever first.

No worries on the sound. My intent was to keep them clean and as natural sounding as possible. I do usually have a pad or synth in there somewhere though (if I feel it improves the overall composition). Definitely no "untz untz". I try and stay close to the original mood with my remixes.

I'll work up basic versions of both perhaps They seem much less complex musically than the original Secret of Mana pieces I worked with on my Mana EP. I'll PM something in a few days.

Well I just saw the list of what wasn't taken and listened to them all :) I will do as you suggest and focus on Return to Forever first.

No worries on the sound. My intent was to keep them clean and as natural sounding as possible. I do usually have a pad or synth in there somewhere though (if I feel it improves the overall composition). Definitely no "untz untz". I try and stay close to the original mood with my remixes.

I'll work up basic versions of both perhaps They seem much less complex musically than the original Secret of Mana pieces I worked with on my Mana EP. I'll PM something in a few days.

Either I fail update, or I'm confusing it with Innocent Water. In any case, if I said it's yours, it's yours. :D

Pads are fine. We seem to be on the same page about the sound. That's good. :D Looking forward to hearing them.

--

Everybody else, gimme wip, gimme wav, gimme poor excuses... Last week was awesome. Let's top it. :D

Either I fail update, or I'm confusing it with Innocent Water. In any case, if I said it's yours, it's yours. :D

Pads are fine. We seem to be on the same page about the sound. That's good. :D Looking forward to hearing them.

--

Everybody else, gimme wip, gimme wav, gimme poor excuses... Last week was awesome. Let's top it. :D

Thanks mate!

I just finished listening to the FF4 remix collection. I must say I wish it had been organized better. I think the majority of casual fans may find it a rather tedious listen. Not due to it's length, but rather to it's chaotic blend of styles. I found myself skipping every track that included electric guitars (I simply cannot stand them in instrumental music) and a few other tracks as well. In effect, the mood was constantly being disrupted and reminding me I was listening to a jumble of music instead of a beautiful RPG score. And I have to add that "Evoking the Dawn" (3-07) was easily the best piece on the collection.

If this project can flow in a more natural manner it will certainly be to everyone's benefit. I understand that is difficult to pull off given the number of artists involved. But surely we can do a better job than others have done. As there seems to be no shortage of artists, perhaps you can afford to be a bit picky ;)

Everybody uses their own. Personally, I use Logic.

Dunno how old you are or what your music experience is but from the questions you've asked I'd guess you're fairly young and haven't done that much music, at least not on computer. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't really understand the relevance of the question. Are you thinking of joining so we'd supply you with a copy of the software we use? That would be inconvenient, counter-productive and unnecessary as most ppl who make music have their own programs... And illegal. Besides, it takes time to learn the program, so it wouldn't be a good idea to get people with no experience on the project since they'd need help all the time.

I think you'd be better off practicing and playing with demos of software, hanging out in Workshop and learning both writing and mixing. Check out the guides and tutorials, free software posts, etc...

Its no problem Im 19 and no I have not done much. But im willing to learn more and help out with this project any way that I can. The programs that im familiarizing myself with at this point are Reaper and paulstretch.

You're welcome to join if you can convince me you'll do a good enough track in keeping with the project direction. Unfortunately, if you're only now starting to familiarize yourself with the programs, i would suggest you hang out on our originals and remix feedback boards, post some stuff you're working on, hear what ppl think of them, and improve. That takes time, even with critique and support.

You can PM me when you post something on the wip boards, I'll let you know what I think. If you want to get on the project, you gotta convince me you can deliver, you know.

Okay, something more project related... Rainwound just joined. Who is Rainwound? :D

Also, changed the list of available tracks a bit. Still accepting remixes, still hoping everybody will finish their tracks, still recruiting... Still saying the progress is slow, but that's not really true anymore. Not the past two weeks.

Now, where's everybody else?

Okay, something more project related... Rainwound just joined. Who is Rainwound? :D

Also, changed the list of available tracks a bit. Still accepting remixes, still hoping everybody will finish their tracks, still recruiting... Still saying the progress is slow, but that's not really true anymore. Not the past two weeks.

Now, where's everybody else?

Oh man! More available! I wanna grab more but I need to finish "Return to Forever" first. I didn't realize it's a six minute track. That's okay. It's a good one. It's just gonna take a healthy few weeks to do justice.

It will be epic. Oh yes.

• Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic