Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

Usa

Dunno. he made it, the project stagnated, he had it posted, the project is back alive... I talked to him about it, talked to Usa about it, don't remember what we decided on. The list of available tracks doesn't actually say which tracks we include or don't, so we might use it. Dunno.

Regardless, it _is_ free to take. Would be nice to have an even more awesome take on it... or just a different take. nothing says we can't have both Nocturnal and someone else's rendition.

so heres what ive been working on

-

hey rozo, im looking to switch from fl studios to a different DAW like logic cause im getting a Mac soon to dedicate as a music computer, what kind of... learning curve for lack of better term am I looking at to switch?

*ahem* Not here either, sorry. We use email, PMs, and stuff. :D

Learning curve... it depends on your workflow. if you use patterns a lot you might have some problem adapting to regions/loops... or not, totally depends on your workflow. Depends on what new DAW you get too.

In any case, you'll have to learn the interface and probably find new favorite instruments to use (or figure out how to import your old ones, if possible). Same with effects. It should be more a nuisance than a problem, tho - they all read midi and make music. :D

Listening to your wip now, PM you a response in a bit.

Edited by Rozovian

so heres what ive been working on

http://evfan42.googlepages.com/heavythunder.mp3

hey rozo, im looking to switch from fl studios to a different DAW like logic cause im getting a Mac soon to dedicate as a music computer, what kind of... learning curve for lack of better term am I looking at to switch?

Looks like someone needs to be disciplined =p

Anyhoo, this remix is pretty neat, samples are sort of an issue with me tho; I'm not really partial to the square wave sound, it doesn't really mix with the feel of the mix to me...could just be me. But I'm thinking that making it grungier and saw-like might help it to fit in better and not stick out like a sore wanker :tomatoface:

Moreover, I'm thinking that the drums could be made to sound more IN YOUR FACE sounding instead of mainstream pop-rock ish. Especially for the kind of source material, one would expect well...more energy, this one seems kinda laid back to me, although the low guitar rhythm does off set that a bit.

I think this is a great start though, keep at it :)...and PM us next time, instead of posting on this thread since this project is supposed to be a dirty little secret :<

And Rozo...STOP BEING AFK you lazy Finn!!

Rozovian,

So I'm perhaps 2/3 of the way finished transcribing the notes for "Return to Forever" and wondering; are you aiming for a particular length with these tracks? I ask because the original piece is 8:36 and the last 4 minutes are quite repetitive (not sure if that's the credits or epilogue or what).

Normally, when I remix game music I remove a lot of the repetition to keep things interesting. I'm guessing in this case I'd cut at least two minutes off the end.

• 2 weeks later...

I've sent a reminder to some people whom I haven't heard from in way too long. If I don't hear from them by the end of the month, I'm gonna open their tracks for others to take. Maybe we'll have multiple remixes of the same tracks when they come back. That's fine with me. Maybe this will force them to get their act together and find the time to finish what they've started. That would be cool.

We could easily have this project done by christmas if everyone would get working on their tracks.

On a related note, Usa's back from vacation, so we can get back to you on your near-finished tracks now. Sent him a few wips. Waiting for him to get back about them.

I've sent a reminder to some people whom I haven't heard from in way too long. If I don't hear from them by the end of the month, I'm gonna open their tracks for others to take. Maybe we'll have multiple remixes of the same tracks when they come back. That's fine with me. Maybe this will force them to get their act together and find the time to finish what they've started. That would be cool.

We could easily have this project done by christmas if everyone would get working on their tracks.

On a related note, Usa's back from vacation, so we can get back to you on your near-finished tracks now. Sent him a few wips. Waiting for him to get back about them.

Yeah guys finish your mixes...otherwise I'll have to take them all. No one wants that, trust me. :tomatoface:

Yeah guys finish your mixes...otherwise I'll have to take them all. No one wants that, trust me. :tomatoface:

Hey hey hey! Calm it down. My fingers and brain can only move so fast, and my computer can barely keep up as is. You're killing my computer, does that make you feel good? Huh? You're a sick man. :sleepdepriv:

I'll have something WIP-wise by the end of the month for sure.

• Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic