Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History

Usa

While I'm here, I might us well remind ppl that having your name taken off the tracklist means we hate you and want you to go away. There's a simple and obvious solution to that. ;)

Proper tracklist update (and replies to ppl) coming once I've sorted the tracks out. Which will be later.

I'm uhhh... looking forward to the update.

:whatevaa:

I'm still working on Return to Forever. In my defense, I had to move to a new apartment this week (all by myself, bah) and clean the old one (all by myself, bah). In addition, I had an exam last Friday and another one on Monday, so no grief for me, thank you very much. =P

With almost 25 minutes of music on this album, I think I deserve a get-out-of-jail-free card. =P

I'm still working on Return to Forever. In my defense, I had to move to a new apartment this week (all by myself, bah) and clean the old one (all by myself, bah). In addition, I had an exam last Friday and another one on Monday, so no grief for me, thank you very much. =P

With almost 25 minutes of music on this album, I think I deserve a get-out-of-jail-free card. =P

You get a free pass on this whole thing because you got handed the task to fix up 102. And what a track that's become. :D

I'm writing feedback on stuff now.

edit: half done, time for a break.

Edited by Rozovian

Okay, so that's a PM sent to Hylian Lemon. The rest of you should be fine, either in a wip state or a nice, blue, finished state. Time to fix the tracklist...

btw, we had another track name incident. Sixto has _not_ been remixing Reincarnation, he's done Flight from the Holy Land. We should have caught this earlier. I heard a new wip for that track the other day. Anyone working on FftHL should probably switch source to Meridian Child or another big epic track... it's not like you can't use multiple sources in a mix, FftHL could make a great intro into a Meridian Child mix.

Now he could name his song Fight or Flight instead of something dumb :-D

Nah, he's got a good name for it already.

Anyway, tracklist has been updated. New color code, so it's not quite as blue as before, but it should make it easier to see if we have your consent (according to the last consent update I got... a few months ago). What's left to do...?

Oh right, email mak. ... or not. Found a wav. Lessee here...

Edited by Rozovian

I'm really confused. The SPC soundtrack I have has both Flight from the Holy Land and Reincarnation, but they're exactly the same apart from the first one being shorter.

Also, I really got my hopes up when I saw Swedish in this thread, but then it turned out to be just some Google Translator rubbish. English is boring. =P

I am currently remixing the main theme for the SECOND TIME for this project since I've decided to include it in Return to Forever.

Angel's Fear. Oh, the IRONY!

The problem is that not all youtubes have the correct names. There's two archives of the chiptunes, one I got from zophar's domain, another from snesmusic.org. The zophar version has been wrong before, we've confirmed that with the ost, and the rsn has been correct, at least on the tracks we checked (Secret of Mana, Obsession, Rolling Cradle, Fable, "Legend", and a few others. The rsn has Sixto's track listed as Flight.

It definitely plays in the ending - in particular, when you're flying in the Flammie.

Right track, wrong name. At least we're talking about the right track. :D

The RSN tracklisting is the authority. That is what we're going to be going by from now on. Please refer to it from this point on.

In case you missed the download link, here it is: http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=sd3

Once you have it downloaded, if you can't play the .rsn file, just rename it to .rar and it will open just fine.

Rozo, do we need to go through the list and make sure the remixes match the names they're match up with? I'm tempted to want to throw on there a list of youtube links as well to better correct the confusion with a note explaining the title track is wrong. What do you think?

So the rsn checks out. We still need Reincarnation remixed, obviously, so anyone interested in that track, you have context for the track in the link keiiii posted. :D

I thought we went over it back when Usa was around, I'm surprised there was yet another track name mixup in there. We are doing youtube links (to the rsn-verified tracks) for the ones in red, I just haven't gotten around to it. Meteo, if you want something to do tonight... ;)

• Liontamer changed the title to Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic